Rear sway bar configuration... - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Rear sway bar configuration...

Featured Replies

Removed my rear sway bar a few years ago, and now I don't remember how it goes back on...does anyone have a picture of thier rear sway bar set-up?

I took these photos when installing a new exhaust system. Hope they help.

post-20446-14150820482352_thumb.jpg

post-20446-14150820481867_thumb.jpg

Edited by ironhelix

Nice pics, Walter! I now realize what those mystery holes in my floor behind the seat were for!

I have a 72 and the stock sway bar position is the same a Walters. I managed to find one from a JDM 260 2+2 that bolted straight on.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Im not sure what swaybar you are using (aftermarket or OEM), but here are some pics of a 280z setup.

post-26512-14150820487909_thumb.jpg

post-26512-14150820488767_thumb.jpg

I agree with Mr. Iron that the 240z did not come stock w/a rear sway bar. The forwrd mount sway bar is surely an after market piece. The only problem with those kits is that the mount to the body must be beefed up inside the car. I bought a ST sway bar that mounts from the rear, very nice product. Very similar to the BRE.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Thanks everyone for the pictures and the help...when I bought the car it came with the sway bar,,,I'msure it's aftermarket, but who manufactured it I don't have a clue....the first pictures though from ironhelix, are how the swaybar I have mounts...thanks again!

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Hey Iron, it looks like I have a BRE sway bar kit...any idea if I can get repalcement bushes and associated hardware still?...or am I going to have to improvise?

Hey Iron, it looks like I have a BRE sway bar kit...any idea if I can get replacement bushes and associated hardware still?...or am I going to have to improvise?

I use stock nissan rubber bushings for front and rear (56112-09400). I'm not a urethane bushing fan. Black Dragon has end link kits if you need hardware, too. I bought a pair of the U bracket bushings at a local auto parts shop about 10 years ago. I don't think I had to modify them. A 15/16" dia. swaybar must be used on some other vehicles.

The link I posted earlier has dimensional information if you want to improvise.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.