IGNORED

I spy a z!

On Highway 72 somewhere northwest of Corinth Mississippi I spied a white Z car sitting in a cornfield, looked like it had been there for years. All the corn around it was mowed down except for a few stalks too close to cut.

Moved me to tears. Couldn't they at least afford a decent burial?

Last Saturday, saw a clean red 240Z in the Napa parking lot in San Bruno. Had a ZONC sticker as well. Apparently, I just missed the owner since I saw him taking off as I was about to pull out of my spot.

Edited by LeonV
typo
  • 1 month later...

On the 405 last Saturday saw a LHD 350z with the fairlady z emblem on the back panel. Guess there's a lot around but first I've noticed. You can buy them from nissan. Way cooler than some other "JDM" stuff - like a "JDM as ----" sticker on any LHD stock height late model car with 22 inch wheels and fender mirrors...

I saw a 1972 240z yesterday in National City/San Diego at an In-N-Out. I was checking it out and luckily I was wearing my Z shirt, so when the owner came up to me it wasn't as awkward. I spoke to her and her friend for 10-15 minutes, but unfortunately I forgot to take a picture!

Awesome sightings yesterday on 101N as I was heading to SF on 101S in the North Bay. Saw that super clean orange 280Z again and less than 5 minutes later saw a super clean orange 240Z!

I've spied two other Z's on the road in my area, not counting the several Z's parked in front of the local Z specialty shop. Both looked very nice. One was a red convertible (!!) with essentially no top -- a fair weather car. We crossed paths on the residential street where our accountant has his home office, and we had a long'ish chat about our cars until it became apparent we were blocking traffic.

The second was a pristine copper '78 with a "for sale" sign on it -- nice price, too -- $4500. I seriously thought about buying it, but I'm not into brown and butterscotch. I saw the seller driving the car around town about a week later, and then he ended up selling it to a dealership.

My own Z is about the only one in regular service as a daily driver in my general area. Perhaps it's not as visible as many DD's, because I don't rack up that many miles per year. However, other Z lovers (mostly people who parted with their beloved Z's many years ago) do seem to recognize and remember me.

I was in Lompoc, CA today and the first Datsun I saw was a silver 510 with Panasports making a right turn.

On the way back, there was this house I had driven by before and I thought I saw 3 or 4 Z's parked... today there were only 2:

zedslompoc.jpg

Lastly the 210 Freeway was getting backing up on the way home, so I got off. A few blocks down, there an all flat black 240z with louvers, a BRE spoiler, a vented hood, black wheels, black bumpers... LOL My Co-Pilot wasn't quick enough with the camera on this one.

4 Datsuns in 1 day is pretty awesome to see :cool:

Edited by Decoy12
I've spied two other Z's on the road in my area, not counting the several Z's parked in front of the local Z specialty shop. Both looked very nice. One was a red convertible (!!) with essentially no top -- a fair weather car. We crossed paths on the residential street where our accountant has his home office, and we had a long'ish chat about our cars until it became apparent we were blocking traffic.

The second was a pristine copper '78 with a "for sale" sign on it -- nice price, too -- $4500. I seriously thought about buying it, but I'm not into brown and butterscotch. I saw the seller driving the car around town about a week later, and then he ended up selling it to a dealership.

My own Z is about the only one in regular service as a daily driver in my general area. Perhaps it's not as visible as many DD's, because I don't rack up that many miles per year. However, other Z lovers (mostly people who parted with their beloved Z's many years ago) do seem to recognize and remember me.

brown and butterscotch,, possibly my all time favorite. call me odd i guess.

Just seems disappointing to see any z sitting at, or going to, a dealership. that's one Z-spotting i care not to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Huntsville Alabama, behind Taziki's Greek restaurant / Publix Grocery, Carl T. Jones and Whitesburg.

Silver / Gun metal 240Z, metal flake paint, custom wheels, minor nick on front nose surface rusted. Overall a very good candidate for restoration, interior rough, door handle sitting in ashtray. Appears to be dd.

"My own Z is about the only one in regular service as a daily driver in my general area."

Not so, m'lady! WILBY Z is driven every day! i guess the south side isn't your general area...

"brown and butterscotch,, possibly my all time favorite. call me odd i guess.

Mine too, same as my first '77. Sigh...

Remember the game I spy?

I recently did a cross country from Alabama to Colorado. I spied 4 Z's en route. I'll post pictures when I have cellphone coverage.

The latest is a raspberry or purple 280Z in Bayfield Colorado. I drove it on a test drive years ago but couldn't live with the color, despite the nice condition body.

The saddest Z I've ever seen lies in a field next to a volunteer firestation somewhere south of Corinth Mississippi. Photos to follow. There was absolutely not ONE useable part swipeable off this junker, even the t-tops were cracked.

Saw a nice dark gray 240Z today.

Also spotted a 79 280ZX in a JY here. Still has engine and transmission. Car used leaded fuel based on no restrictor under gas cap so must have softer bronze valve seats? Transmission seems to be a 4 speed at least when I shifted it I couldn't find a 5th gear. Reddish orange in color. Stripped instruments but Master Vac is still there removed but laying inside car for some reason. Casual inspection didn't reveal damage. Both side mirrors are still there. Missing driver's glass. No seats, no steering wheel or radio, no decals. Plastic tail light assemblies there but one has a small broken spot. Rear view mirror there but plastic holder has a broken corner, glass looked ok. Blurry cell phone picture of engine. RIP.

post-18366-14150823473673_thumb.jpg

post-18366-14150823473937_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mikes Z car

240Z's are fairly rare around where I live. Yesterday I saw the remains of some 240Zs that had been cut up for further parting out. Today I saw a light green 240Z with faded paint going the other way down the road. The window in my DD has to be encouraged to go down through the use of a hand so I couldn't get the window down fast enough to give the car a thumbs up. I just stuck my hand out the window and wiggled the fingers. Heh heh.

Edited by Mikes Z car
I was in Lompoc, CA today and the first Datsun I saw was a silver 510 with Panasports making a right turn.

On the way back, there was this house I had driven by before and I thought I saw 3 or 4 Z's parked... today there were only 2:

zedslompoc.jpg

Saw the same orange Z today flying down the S-101. I noticed it had fender mirrors!

imagejpeg21r.jpg