IGNORED

240z Am radio sells for 635 bucks on ebay

hr369

That's what happens when two or more people want something. Hard for some to understand, but spend a couple years and $50K+ restoring a car - and then see if six hundred bucks means anything... LOL

The good news is - now we will see about 20 radios like this one - show up on EBay... High prices like this encourage people to dig things out of the attic/garage and make them available to people that need them.

Carl B.

Edited by Carl Beck

Choke plate? I am at work and cannot tap into Ebay on this account. What is the choke plate talk? I saw last week were a choke/trottle used sold for $525, I have a brand new on in the Nissan bag, what would that sell for? Also I got a stock 73 radio a year ago for $75 on ebay and it is perfect, I did well on that in the end.

Carl's post is spot on.

Once you are "almost" finished, and it's those last few details... the CORRECT OEM radio, not just an OEM radio, can make the difference in a restoration that you are confident of at a Concours show. At that point, what's a few extra bucks? That's part of the reason why a true RESTORATION is not in the same league as a REFRESHING. If it isn't back to the ORIGINAL status as it left the factory... it's modified.

While a car may be modified very nicely, even to the same level of attention as a restoration, the fact is.... it's MODIFIED and can no longer compete in the stock classes. Granted different judges will allow certain modifications, but in a sanctioned event such as ISCA, there are levels of modifications/changes that are permitted before the car is changed in class. I've worked with the judges at the Portland Roadster Show for the last 4 years, and there are specific items that will immediately change the class you can compete in... to the chagrin of those who are unaware of what is and what isn't allowed.

Then you have those vehicles that have had enough modifications in the right areas done to them that they can no longer compete at all. They've gone from the "Stock" end of the scale to the other end "Radical", and because they tried to maintain a "classical" look... they're not modified enough to compete against those who seek the Radical trophy, and they're too modified to compete against the Stock.

Here are some examples, you guys decide if they're radical, custom or stock. Note the Headlight Sugar Scoops!

Also check out this modification done by a Texan Z users to show off to his Japanese buddies.

Note his shaved bumper, engine transplant, breather through the hood, etc. Is it a Z or not? He calls it a CorZette.

All of them are different, but all are liked by their owners. Putting them down because you don't like them... well, that's childish.

FWIW

E

post-1490-14150819603539_thumb.jpg

post-1490-14150819603855_thumb.jpg

post-1490-14150819629169_thumb.jpg

post-1490-1415081962937_thumb.jpg

post-1490-14150819629573_thumb.jpg

post-1490-14150819629813_thumb.jpg

post-1490-14150819629997_thumb.jpg

post-1490-14150819630189_thumb.jpg

Edited by EScanlon

Even though I would never pay that much for either the radio or the choke plate, I would consider the value of the choke plate more "reasonable" since it's a NOS part and still new. I'm glad my 240Z came with an original AM radio. :)

Robert S.