IGNORED

Help please opinion's

So im looking to purchase a 240z, i came across this one here's the description.Stock body 70 240z with 280zx turbo engine, built professionally by Z Whizz, San Diego, $34,000. invested. Very reliable and fast. Never raced, Performance upgrades. Jim Wolf Turbo Cam. Polished intake ports. 88 ECU w/ Jim Wolf upgrade. Jim Wolf clutch. Mustang Cobra AFM. Oversize Radiator. Air to Air Intercooler. HKS Blowoff. Greddy Boost control. New fuel injectors. Borg Warner new 5sp Trans. Four wheel Disc Brakes. Air Conditioning. New Alternator. New Battery and Starter.New Drive Shaft. 280zx polished Turbo Wheels. New Yokohama tires. 280zx Differential. New Dash. New Carpets w/ sound proofing. New Struts, Bearings, Bushings..8,000 miles since restoration. sorry no pic's im not comp savvy and dont know how to post pics.He's asking $12,000.00 He says it needs some interior work and could use new paint.Or should i just hold out for a better one to come up for sale.THank's guy's your pionion's and advice would help out alot.

Might want to give more than 40 minutes to respond.

I think above all it depends upon whether you are looking more for a vintage Z or for a performance car. You need to know if there is much rust on the body-if Little to none, paint will run around $3k. I would bet he has more than $12k into the car, but that does not necessarily mean much, depending upon the condition of the car. I can promise you that you will get request for pics before receiving credible input.

Might want to give more than 40 minutes to respond.

I think above all it depends upon whether you are looking more for a vintage Z or for a performance car. You need to know if there is much rust on the body-if Little to none, paint will run around $3k. I would bet he has more than $12k into the car, but that does not necessarily mean much, depending upon the condition of the car. I can promise you that you will get request for pics before receiving credible input.

He says theres no rust, im looking for a performance z no v8's though thanks for the advice here is the link to the car

autotraderclassics.com/classic-car/1970-Datsun-240Z-771153.xhtml?conversationId=258564

Sounds interesting... The pictures in the listing all appear to be vintage though.

Honestly, HybridZ.org would likely be a better place to ask about this. This forum typically sticks to dealing with stock and lightly modified Zs. That's by no means a rule, just par for the course. Whereas HybridZ is all about turbo motor and V8 swaps.

Like I said, the car sounds interesting, but when it's been modified that much there are a huge number of variables. Best to check it out in person, or have a forum member check it out for you. We'd be happy to give you a list of what to check for.

Pictures.....PICTURES....;)The Z guys on this site are more into L engine, stockish type S30, few mods cars but mine is a Classic Nostalgic Japanese Motor Car with an ATTITUDE:cool:The car you mention if it was done properly and not hacked up seems to be a nice find, it will take more than 12k to build one :bulb: The other site is mostly tech/swap,my Z is all done and in pristine condition so this site seems more for the enjoyment of this marvel of a car :love:

Edited by 72 OJ

Pictures.....PICTURES....;)The Z guys on this site are more into L engine, stockish type S30, few mods cars but mine is a Classic Nostalgic Japanese Motor Car with an ATTITUDE:cool:The car you mention if it was done properly and not hacked up seems to be a nice find, it will take more than 12k to build one :bulb: The other site is mostly tech/swap,my Z is all done and in pristine condition so this site seems more for the enjoyment of this marvel of a car :love:

Jeezus, have you ever made a post without mentioning your car? This is getting ridiculous. It's just spam at this point.

Yes I have,also I see the same on a ton of post on this site, I can not help but to brag on this insane , perfect body Z with the engine that Mr. K mention on an interview '' if you had to change/add to your magnificent creation what would that be.....he said MORE POWER'' ;) BTW cars not car.......I have in my driveway a 2012 CTS-V COUPE CADDY, a CHRYSLER 300 SRT8 and my silver 72 Z. :cool:

Edited by 72 OJ

Jeezus, have you ever made a post without mentioning your car? This is getting ridiculous. It's just spam at this point.

The commas and periods are worse in my opinion, but it's clear that's not getting fixed anytime soon. At times it's like reading a teenager's stream-of-consciousness text messages.

I have in my driveway a 2012 CTS-V COUPE CADDY, a CHRYSLER 300 SRT8 and my silver 72 Z. :cool:

Pics or it didn't happen!

Be careful - Z-Whizz only has two likes so far!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Z-Whizz-Complete-Auto-Repair-and-Sales/154673671235685

From the autotrader ad, for the money invested, and the asking price, you'd think there would be more described. Like is the ZX diff an LSD, what kind of springs and struts (new Gabriels from 1980 or new Illuminas), maybe some HP and Tq numbers, a dyno chart, etc. Money spent doesn't guarantee quality made.

The commas and periods are worse in my opinion, but it's clear that's not getting fixed anytime soon. At times it's like reading a teenager's stream-of-consciousness text messages.

Pics or it didn't happen!

lets make a deal on my pictures ;)