IGNORED

Days and Days of searching, I need help please?!

RyuZ32

A lot of guys here can help you, as you already know, to decifer it. It can be difficult at times but Zed, Blue, and several others helped me some time ago when I had trouble and I know you will get the help. You just have to keep plugging away at it.

I agree, Im just sick of it sitting. Ive owned it for two years and just ready to see it on the road. I will try my hand at this wiring adventure on Thursday afternoon after class. I will post pics with my findings hoping for an answer if I am unable to make it work. I have to work on set this weekend for a 24 hour film festival challenge, so Thursday will be the last day i tinker for a few days. Hopefully we figure it out.

Just FYI....my fuel pump didn't work and it ended up being the EFI relay (half of it) is the fuel pump relay like Zed mentioned and I also had a loose bullet connector (intermittent problem) under the carpet under the passenger seat. So I had a double whammy. But I took my time (frustrating) and I found it with the help of this site.

We've been focusing on power but haven't talked about grounds. Have you checked the ground circuit at the pump? I would check for ground at the pump black wire with an ohmmeter, then test for power at the green wire with a voltmeter or test light while someone turns the key to Start or fingers the AFM vane with the key at On like rcb suggested (77 still has the AFM fuel pump switch,according to the FSM). Then you'll know for sure that you don't have the circuit you need.

Ok guys, i will definitely give this a shot Thursday. My phone has the forum on it via an app so its easy access. Ill respond with pics just hopefully I wont be stuck for 4 hours without a response LOL Thanks again guys, hoping to get through this on thursday.

If this is the wire you guys are referring too, it does not go to a bullet connector, it goes into a wiring harness that goes down beside the passenger seat and branches out, chasing each wire end it goes to connections that are all plugged up.

post-27190-141508190336_thumb.jpg

I put my test light on everything I could find under the car and got nothing. (checked it on the positive terminal and it still works) however no power at pump what does that mean? It has no grounded power apparently

Is the "fuel pump relay" in that little black casing shelf thingy between the fusible links and te battery? If so is it supposed to be screwed down to anything to get a ground? By chance?? I'm sorry guys I'm just so lost and aggravated

The fuel pump relay is that silver rectangle shaped box with two connectors on the drivers side above the left knee...as Zed described in an earlier post. And only half of it is the pump relay. I can't make out that pic. The bullet connector is under the carpet on the passenger side either under or just behind the seat.

Edited by rcb280z