Transmission trick for unknowing Z mechanics - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Transmission trick for unknowing Z mechanics

Featured Replies

I thought of this for keeping that stinking gear oil in while moving it around to clean up. It's a 2" rubber cap from Lowes. The other over the gear shifter hole is 1 1/2" and just kept the water out. The second picture is the reverse light right? Just need to solder wire back on and get a new rubber boot, right? Thanks for any help.

Cliffpost-24724-14150818711625_thumb.jpg

post-24724-14150818711013_thumb.jpg

You can get the reverse switch pretty inexpensively at Rockauto.

Neat Idea. I use the plastic caps from certain rattle can's - some are the exact size to slide into the tail shaft housing. I like your idea better.. makes a nice seal..

thanks'

Carl B.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.