IGNORED

Site fundraiser

IdahoKidd

here you go

Thanks Chris. I checked it out and looks like he's got some banner ads (inside the site I assume). At the bottom of the page it says the banner ads will go away if you donate. That's actually not a bad idea. I'll see if I can look for a way to disable ads for supporting members. Thanks for the ideas and the link.

Yahoo mail is similar in that you can pay to make the adverts go away. Its an interesting model since everyone contributes one way or the other. I'd be okay with paying and still seeing some discrete ads from vendors as long as the layout is done right.

I have donated a couple times already, as this website is a valuable asset and resource, even though nobody chats anymore....

Over on HybridZ, they get funds by requiring members to donate some amount before being able to post something into the classifieds areas.

It's too bad the Z Store didn't really take off like we were hoping. And don't forget ZCON is coming up in a few months. How many CZCC members will be there? We could probably arrange some kind of presence there to act as a kind of fund-raiser.

OTOH-

There must be at least 10,000 members here? Imaging if each person gave only $1...

And don't forget ZCON is coming up in a few months. How many CZCC members will be there? We could probably arrange some kind of presence there to act as a kind of fund-raiser.

The East Coast Nationals will be held at Carlisle next weekend. We could do something there too. I already have 4 vendor spots.

Chuck