IGNORED

Tuning 40 DCOE Weber 151 on an L24

Leon,

What is this? It looks like a pump jet but shorter. Keith put them in my package and I would imagine yours but all he mentioned was the O5 tube.

I'm not sure exactly, I didn't get one in the package since I only got springs from Keith. He may have put it in accidentally.

Does it have any holes when looking at it straight-on?

I'm very curious about your new springs.

I've understood they are stiffer but to which extend? It looks like it could be something to try out also on my side.

Matt,

Dimensionally they look identical. My understanding is that the spring rate is doubled. Keith gave us a part number and his source, the problem was that you had to have a minimum order of $40. He bought 30 of the springs and I suspect is selling them on his Yahoo store. They were about $1.40 each I want to say?

Pretty lively difference I'd say.

I'm very curious about your new springs.

I've understood they are stiffer but to which extend? It looks like it could be something to try out also on my side.

Matt,

Dimensionally they look identical. My understanding is that the spring rate is doubled. Keith gave us a part number and his source, the problem was that you had to have a minimum order of $40. He bought 30 of the springs and I suspect is selling them on his Yahoo store. They were about $1.40 each I want to say?

Pretty lively difference I'd say.

To corroborate Rob, Keith said they're double the spring rate. This should activate the accel pump sooner and give it a stronger shot.

Weber DCOE Pump Springs:

Weaker

[*=2]47600.064
    [*=2]47600.068
    [*=2]47600.034
    [*=2]47600.055

Stronger

Weber DCOE Throttle Return Springs:

Weaker

[*=2]47605.012
    [*=2]47605.027
    [*=2]47605.009

Stronger

Weber DCOE Pump Rods:

[TABLE=width: 192]

<colgroup><col span="3" style="margin-left: 40px; "></colgroup><tbody>[TR]

[TD]

Stroke mm

[/TD]

[TD]

Overall length mm

[/TD]

[TD]

Part Number

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Leon,

What is this? It looks like a pump jet but shorter. Keith put them in my package and I would imagine yours but all he mentioned was the O5 tube.

To clear this up, as Keith already told you on SDC, that is the dry jet. It goes on top of the e-tube and underneath the holder.

To clear this up, as Keith already told you on SDC, that is the dry jet. It goes on top of the e-tube and underneath the holder.

Yes, I did install these after Keith cleared that up and I might have installed them wrong, I didn't notice any difference in the diameter of the top/bottom shaft. In short, it ran much worse. Exaggerated tip in lean condition. I have to go get my calipers and check them to see if there is a difference top to bottom.

Yes, I did install these after Keith cleared that up and I might have installed them wrong, I didn't notice any difference in the diameter of the top/bottom shaft. In short, it ran much worse. Exaggerated tip in lean condition. I have to go get my calipers and check them to see if there is a difference top to bottom.

Did you install the e-tube with the air-holes towards the bottom?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so here is a question for you 151/152 guys. Having discovered that my 42DCOE 8's are rare, having been only OEM on Ferrari, Maserati, and Morgans, I trolled around the internet until I found a couple guys looking for these to do correct restorations on a Maserati 3500. One of them has made an offer of $1000 for my three. I think I can get more than that but that is another conversation.

If you were going to pick a carb set for an L28 bottom end with flat top pistons and an E31 big valve ported and polished, would you pick 151's or 152's and why?