IGNORED

How Many Z Drivers Also Own BMWs?

BoldUlysses

Some sweet E34's in here :) I don't have a Z and sold my 510 but here is my 92 E34 525 with turbo M52/S52 cams, 5 speed and 6 piston wilwoods. BTW, I am also five&dime on bf.c

Hey over here, Brandon. I didn't know you sold the 510??? But maybe that's old news...

I forgot the requisite pictures....

Stunning E21!

Yup. Almost 2 years ago. I can honestly say I really don't miss it too much. And at the price I got, I would still sell it today if I had to do it over again. One day I wouldn't mind getting another but would probably get a wagon. I am obsessed with wagons. E39 touring, Volvo 850 T5-R, 510, VW squarebacks, etc. I want them all :D

Arne, Love that E21 323! Dual exhaust :) I assume you did that yourself? Looks factory.

Edited by five&dime

Yup. Almost 2 years ago. I can honestly say I really don't miss it too much. And at the price I got, I would still sell it today if I had to do it over again. One day I wouldn't mind getting another but would probably get a wagon. I am obsessed with wagons. E39 touring, Volvo 850 T5-R, 510, VW squarebacks, etc. I want them all :D

Arne, Love that E21 323! Dual exhaust :) I assume you did that yourself? Looks factory.

I like wagons too! Volvo 240 turbos and 955's are fav's, haha:D! I remember drooling on your 510 a while back when it was for sale too!

As far as BMW's go, Just sold my E30 M3 in Dec '12 and miss it, a well-balanced machine to say the least. A few 2002's in the past including a 73 2002tii which was a great driver. Not much into the newer ones although very, not visceral enough as the Datsun's for me(or early Porsche 911's which are my all time fav!)

Nice to see some early BMW lovers:classic:!!

post-16909-14150818594457_thumb.jpg

post-16909-14150818594722_thumb.jpg

I like wagons too! Volvo 240 turbos and 955's are fav's, haha:D! I remember drooling on your 510 a while back when it was for sale too!

As far as BMW's go, Just sold my E30 M3 in Dec '12 and miss it, a well-balanced machine to say the least. A few 2002's in the past including a 73 2002tii which was a great driver. Not much into the newer ones although very, not visceral enough as the Datsun's for me(or early Porsche 911's which are my all time fav!)

Nice to see some early BMW lovers:classic:!!

I'm a wagon, hatch and E30 M3 lover as well! My buddy had an '88, what a blast that car was.

I've owned several older BMW's and still have an '87 E30 and the daily driver '76 2002 with the '91 m42 I built a few years back (one of my practice cars for building my 240Z pretty soon). We've had 735's and a 635, and we have a 2004 MCS also. I started picking up older bimmers because they were really easy to work on myself, very solid and reliable if cared for, and I simply prefer RWD. We've put mega miles on them all. The 635 with its long nose always made me wish for my Z to be more solid like the bimmer, but not so heavy, so I cut it up, and the 3.5 straight 6 and all the guts are going into the Z (a slight tribute to Albrecht Goertz, if that doesn't offend any Datsun purists, bestofbothworldsyouknow) as soon as I get a few more projects (building house myself) done. I will literally build it from the ground up, wheels first, this time. Actually, the E30 325e with 5 speed is decent mileage and just a generally decent car, which we used for our kids to drive. My son still drives it, but the 2002 was his high school car with the carbs and distributor until it blew and I rebuilt it with electronics, FI, 5 speed, LSD, rack and pinion, etc., and I drive it all the time without a problem. It might be a little better competition for a 510 now! I've kind of moved away from BMW now mostly because it takes a long time for the newer designs to appeal; newer ones are laden with too many systems to deal with as they age, and fuel economy is an issue, but I do see a really pretty one once in a while. My next and last car will likely be the 1970 Z I've been holding onto for about 20+ years, waiting for my opportunity. My first personal car was a 1970 240z when I was 19 and dating the cute girl who has been my wife of 30 years, now, so fond memories, and the Z has always been the best car I have ever driven for sheer enjoyment, and I've had many sports cars in my life, so updated sort of "bimmer" style, I expect it to be the very personal car Z's have always been. Sorry for the long note, but it's a favorite topic of mine. Enjoy! Oh, Arne, love the e21 323! ;)Just saw a lovely 320i this past weekend, now I would grab one if I could!

Edited by alternativez

Looks factory because it was factory. All E21 323i came with duals like that. Pretty much the first thing most people noticed about the car.

I've got a 2010 E93 as my "regular" car. Prior to that had a Audi A4, and much prefer the BWM, feel much better, more solid, better planted, etc.

Regarding my Z, even though I have a low mile example, I believe all cars are made to be driven, and never feel guilty driving it. In fact, you should see how dirty it is right now ;) Even though I am pretty loyal to my cars (I have a hard time selling them), if it got hit, I would get it repaired, or get another if repair was not possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I have owned several BMWs...In the past I have owned every generation of 3 except the latest, including an 2004 M3 convertable. Loved the car..HATED the SMG...

I also loved the 635 Ci ...white with Gold BBS' so 80's.

Currently I have a 1994 840C...probably my favorite so far; very few made, nice V8 and 5 speed auto...

post-13985-14150818861747_thumb.jpg