IGNORED

Tracked my L28ET and it is inbound

MotoManMike

I bought a turbo L28 for a swap in one of my 240Z's. Hopefully everything will arrive by the 23rd. Super anxious to see how it drives when its done, but not anxious to swap 2 engines. The one i'm pulling out i'm putting in my other 240 as its getting tired. I'll post up some pics when the pallet arrives :)

Its got a 5 speed in it now, whines a little in second and third but operates fine. I'm glad to see so many taking on the project. We shall see how it goes. I'll get worried about keeping the power to the ground once I cross that bridge. I feel kind of bad because the car i'm swapping it into is pretty much original. I probably wouldn't have done it if it hadn't been in a small accident in the rear at some point in its life and has been repaired. If it wasn't i probably would have left it as original as possible.

...Not obligated to swap the trans. With around 325-350 RWHP and about that much torque, my standard junkyard issue 5 speeds are lasting around 3-5 years each! Just don't slam gears too hard.

Edited by cygnusx1

Motor showed up yesterday. More complete than I had expected which is a good thing. I'm astouned by how large the ECU is LOL. I've got alot of cleaning up to do, most all of the rubber hoses are dry rotted and in need of replacement but otherwise looks like everything is there and it turns over ok. For $900 delivered total I can't complain. The engine was 6, cost 3 to ship to me on a pallet from Florida. I'll probably be weeks cleaning, painting and replacing hoses before I even attempt the swap. My car runs great now so i'm going to enjoy it over the summer and probably start on it in the fall. I've go to source a newer fuel tank, pipe new lines and fuel pump and some other odds and ends so that will give me plenty of time to source everything. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.