IGNORED

Seat belt upgrade

d240zx2

If any of you have the non-retractable seat belts in your older Z and want to upgrade to a non-intrusive retractable belt, here is some good news!

I found a roof-mount retractable that will not interfere with your seat. Works like a champ. Go to wescoperformance.com and take a look at their part number 800566 3-point retractable. $64.95 + tax and shipping. It works!

Perfect timing on this post, because I've been considering upgrading the belts in my '73. MSA has a similar kit on sale now, but apparently theirs does not have the plastic extension that holds the buckle end.

I assume that the hardware is metric.

Peter

Perfect timing on this post, because I've been considering upgrading the belts in my '73. MSA has a similar kit on sale now, but apparently theirs does not have the plastic extension that holds the buckle end.

I put the WESCO model similar to the MSA product in my 73. I prefer the WELR-N.

I assume that the hardware is metric.

Peter

I believe there is standard hardware for seat belt mounting. I don't think it is metric. If you follow my suggestion and order the extra hardware, you'll have a better experience.

If any of you have the non-retractable seat belts in your older Z and want to upgrade to a non-intrusive retractable belt, here is some good news!

I found a roof-mount retractable that will not interfere with your seat. Works like a champ. Go to wescoperformance.com and take a look at their part number 800566 3-point retractable. $64.95 + tax and shipping. It works!

Thanks buddy, mine just arrived in the mail today, nicely put together and cheap.

Cut about 2" off the end with the hole in it. Then slide the scabbard back over the belt and attach at the floor using the 16mm bolt. The section you'll have cut off allows the flex you'll need to point the receiver end in the right direction.

d240zx2,

My belts have just arrived, but I haven't installed them yet. Can you elaborate on shortening the scabbard?

Peter

I'll take it you went with the 8" sleeve end?

I'd love to see a picture of these belts installed.

The belts in my '78 are pretty annoying, constantly cinching up and not very cooperative when putting them on. I'll assume this is corrected with these. Any increased safety aspect?

And, Frank, does this mean you have a new 240?

Cheers,

- Paul