IGNORED

Z cars at the Concours

motorman7

Just thought I'd show pic of the hubcap I picked up on short notice for tomorrows show. Very nice match. It has the extra tangs on the back, but don't think most people will notice - hopefully not the judges. The Air filler hole is in the right spot. That was one of my biggest concerns. Big thanks to Martin in Anaheim.:beer:

post-19125-14150818300314_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150818301003_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150818301588_thumb.jpg

Hey Carl, what is the tube sticking out of the lower fender behind the front left wheel of your BRE rally car?

Hi Lee:

That is a mounting point for service jackstands. There is one at each wheel. Here is an example of the application from McKlein-imagedatabase.com

ServiceJackStands.jpg

This is what the BRE Baja Z's look like:

BRE BAJA Z - Model by Rick Correia

RickCorreia31.jpg

I have to say that this has turned out to be a pretty incredible event for me. I got some good air time on local NBC on friday as noted earlier in this thread. However, today at the show I was one of the few featured entrants on the local KUSI station. They actually asked some questions about the car and I was able to tell a bit of the cars background and history on live TV at the show. It was about a one minute spot. Soon after the interview, I got a text from Lenny of ZCSD (Z Club of San Diego) congratulating me on the interview he just saw on TV. And later during the show people said they saw me on TV, so that was super cool. I am now famous.:cool:

Anyway, I was entered in the preservation class as were the other cars shown below (no Japanese class). I figured the Bentley was first place, but was not sure how the rest would play out. I wasn't really all that concerned as I honestly did not feel worthy to be there among the majority of these cars. So, when they announced the awards, the yellow 450SL got third...then the Bentley was announced as second....and then the announcer began to say, "This next car brought about the demise of the British sports car industry......" Wow, what a rush. This is my first, First Place win at a concours, very exciting. Still don't think it has all settled in, especially given the competition. It really is a great win for the Z community. Hopefully this is an indication of things to come for the Z cars.

post-19125-14150818341485_thumb.jpg

post-19125-1415081834209_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150818342689_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150818343304_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150818344014_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150818344606_thumb.jpg

Edited by motorman7

Congratulations on the first place award. The Z is gaining more and more respect in the concours communities across the country so your efforts to push the door open even wider for others to follow has been well rewarded. The Z, I am sure, received alot of attention from the public as it is a car that many can directly relate to. Keep waving the flag, it is well deserved.

Congratulations again,

Hey Rich,

Congratulations on winning first place against some very nice cars. You have a beautiful car so it was well deserved. Thank you for helping to add to the credibility of our Z cars and getting them more recognition at concours events like this one.

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I am still enjoying the victory here.

I did want to add, for those who are considering entering the Concours shows, that there are often a number of great activities that precede the shows that are a lot of fun. Some of those events are included in the price of admission for your car. At the La Jolla event, there was a FREE reception the night before for all of the participants. The reception was catered by some of the top restaurants in La Jolla, and all the drinks were free as well, wine, margaritas, tequila shots, vodka thingies and whatever. The food was incredible and my wife and I went back for seconds and thirds for most items. My wife rarely attends the car shows with me, but she could not stop talking about how awesome the reception was. She called all her friends and sisters and had to tell them about it. When I told her the chairman invited me back for next years show, she said we were definitely going to go…..just for the reception. Anyway, just thought I would pass that on .

Congrats Rich, that is outstanding!!! Beautiful car. It is also a great thing that you could get your wife to go along and actually enjoy it too!

That is an unbelieveable score to get 2 mint series I hubcaps for $160. You must be living right, there in Southern CA.

Marty