New paint, need car cover - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

New paint, need car cover

Featured Replies

I'm finally getting the 17 240 painted and will need a car cover. CoverCraft seems to be "the best" but at $369-ish I thought it might be worth asking about alternatives that do a similar job but that don't cost quite so much. I'm not looking to be penny-wise and pound-foolish but if I can save $100 I would be happy.

Initially the car will be outside... soon under a carport. Weather in NY metro area (all 4 seasons, some snow, plenty of sun)

Thanks,

Mark

The CoverCraft poly cotton cover is good. I've used them on my cars for about 30 years. Cost is reasonable.

Dennis

Ask your painter, but I've heard you shouldn't use a cover until the paint is fully cured...

If you are going to keep your car outside, or even in a carport, then I suggest the more expensive / protective types. The trouble I find with car covers is that they are a pain in the arse when they are wet.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

California Covers are what I use. They are made to order, cost about $300 for a Z, fit perfectly and are the softest covers on the paint I've ever used. The outdoor covers are higher but look at it this way, what did the paint job cost you and ask yourself, do you want to do it again?

Dave

Ask your painter, but I've heard you shouldn't use a cover until the paint is fully cured...

Yup, depending on temp and humidity that paint could be off-gassing for over a month. NYC in the winter, could be longer. Ask your paint guy

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.