IGNORED

Rallye wheels ebay

Unkle

There are plenty of Kobe Seiko pictures on this site. The first picture is a magnesium like the ones for sale and as I recall, Kats posted his set when he had them refurbished. I think they are aluminum. I'm guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised if the eBay wheels top four grand.

The first picture are ( i think) a copy of original Kobe Seiko Wheels, made with its brand, under license but many years after, and they are not as mines that i have on sale.

The rally wheels have them cuted off in the 4 little spokes of the wheels. If we look better we nottest that. Besides that the rally wheels can be lighter them the street wheels, shown in picture.

I remenber see a set of these wheels on sale recently on Yahoo Japan for a HUGE price...

See the link

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g96942496

I'm with Chris, I could see them selling for $4-5K here in the US. The set on yahoo Japan have been listed many times at the 800,000 yen price with no takers, so that is obviously more than people are willing to pay, even in Japan.

-Mike

Huh!! I never noticed that, Filipe. I went back to the replica thread and the replicas have the cut-outs in the spokes. Then I went into my rallye car files and I seem to see the same cut-outs. Interesting.

Just to clarify...from a previous post..

From left (below), a Kobe Seiko Z432 wheel, a Kobe Seiko Maglloy wheel, and copy (15") of the wheels from the Works cars. When you start looking, the overall design at a quick glance are the same, but when you look closer, they differ greatly.

The pictures 26th-z put up are (from left) a Maglloy wheel, and then a set of Z432 wheels.

Kobe Seiko is the manufacturer for all , but each wheel is different from each other, and made for differences in the market..the z432 to be "standard" for this model, the Rally wheel was made purely for motorsport, and the Maglloy was purely Kobe Seiko seeing this style of wheel worked and "copied" it in a general way for the Japanese aftermarket. (correct Alan?) Have to move away from just saying Kobe Seiko wheels. Did have a picture of 13 inch Kobe Seikos which at a quick glance follow the 4 spoke general style, but totally different.

I did weigh each of these wheels, and the Works Rally replicas I have still worked out lighter, even when an inch bigger in dia.

Cheers

Ian

post-6856-1415081803843_thumb.jpg

Hi Ian

You have right. The rallye wheels are wider them stock 432 240z cars and besides that they are lighter. The 432 wheels are 14" x 5,5" and rallye wheels are 14"X7".

The weight is justify by the cut out on the spokes.

Filipe

Hi All

My very rare 240z rally wheels were sold today. I hope and i think they will go to a good home. Altought i had many offers outside Ebay from Japan, they were sold for its price.

These wheels will give the final toutch to any rally replica car.

Thank you all