IGNORED

Rota RB wheel/tire choice '73 240Z

MPOWER

Hi,

Trying to get a set of street wheels/tires to replace slotted mags/sticky Kumhos that came on the car we bought for my son last last month. Long story short, I have scanned forums posts looking for just the right move before I drop coin on a set of wheels and tires. I was instructed by me cousin who instructs/races a 240Z up in the SAC area to run 15x7 '0' offset with 225/50/15 for the street or even 16x7 '0' with 205/50/16. Our 1st choice would be Panasports, but our budget is leaving us with Konig Rewinds or Rota RB's. My son prefers the Rota's so I found some 15x7 w/Falken ZE-912 at VEX Motorsports today for $866 cash OTD(4-5ml spacers/mtd/bal etc).

btw - car is lowered, but not slammed. No coilovers.

Thoughts? Should I stick with 0 offset? Falkens OK? Not as many choices in 225...

post-16909-14150817932362_thumb.jpg

post-16909-14150817933043_thumb.jpg

Rotas seem like a good deal. I had planned to buy 16's but then got some 15" eagle alloys off a parts car. I think the 16's will cause a stiffer ride. If you will be only on smooth roads that is ok. However if it is a driver you might want to consider everyday conditions. I'm saying that not just for the feel but for the impact on a 40 year old under engineered unibody

I've got 225/50/15 kuhmo ecsta's on both my cars and LOVE them. They are mounted on 15x7 inch wheels 0 offset. Best set up i've found so the above comments are very true. No rubbing, no fender trimming. I have found I roast clutches faster with this much meat on the ground.

Keep in mind folks that the front body work you are running makes a huge difference in what size tire you can run. Lazeum's car looks awesome with that air dam on it, but I could never get away with a 225/50 on my stock valance with my car sitting on tokikos springs and struts. I rubbed with 205/60's, so I had to run 195/60's. (15x7 0 offset rim) I may be able to get away with 205/55's, but it will be crazy close.

Oh, I forgot to mention the offset on the Rota's were +4 as 0 offset is not available(not many 15x7 4x114.3), except Panasports and VTO's that come to mind.

I've got XXR 16"x 8" with Sumitomo 205-50-16 0 off set no rubbing but the car is lowered.

post-16108-14150817938716_thumb.jpg

This is my setup, RB in 15x7 et+4 with BF Goodridge G-sport tires in 225/50. Setup is great with no rubbing.

Clearance with spring perch is 5-7mm.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51568[/ATTACH]

Thanks! Looks great!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51569[/ATTACH]

Keep in mind folks that the front body work you are running makes a huge difference in what size tire you can run. Lazeum's car looks awesome with that air dam on it, but I could never get away with a 225/50 on my stock valance with my car sitting on tokikos springs and struts. I rubbed with 205/60's, so I had to run 195/60's. (15x7 0 offset rim) I may be able to get away with 205/55's, but it will be crazy close.

Thanks! I've got the dam so shouldn't be a problem here. I may just splurge for Pana's:)...

I've got XXR 16"x 8" with Sumitomo 205-50-16 0 off set no rubbing but the car is lowered.

Nice. Still some gap there even when lowered?

I'm gonna stick with 15x7. In fact, I ordered the 15x7 Rota RB's with tires and they called back and said they were out of stock until next month. Tried Racinglab and they have a set, but have a deposit on them already:(. Still trying.

Get Panasports, you won't regret it! I am a bit biased though...

16X7 Panasports with 225/50-16 tires. Lowered by 1 to 1.5", no rubbing at all. Got them on Craigslist for $800 with tires included.

100_9986-1.jpg

WOW! Nice score...