IGNORED

Wish I lived near Los Angels - Nice 240Z in West Covina

Hardway

I talked to the owner and got some more pics as I seriously considered flying out this weekend to look at it. However with a $500 flight and $1000+ in shipping back to TX I am just not in a position to pick this one up so I thought I would post it up here. Has a aftermarket AC, newer paint, alum. radiator, a high quality driver piece. Looks to be worth every bit of $7K

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/2860220134.html

I want a 240z so bad and Texas offers nothing at reasonable prices. Contrary to popular belief, all cars here are just as rusty as just about everywhere else. I missed out on a nice 240z in Houston because I just could not get out there from Austin fast enough. I could literally start a business by picking up classic cars in CA, bringing them to TX, and flipping them. Maybe I should!

Shpipping from Cali to Texas shouln't be that much? I recently had a car shipped fom Vegas to northern Montana on the Canadian boarder for $1000.00 check with National transport LLC they have a calculator on their web site. It worked for me.

3 nights lodging? It's only 1500 miles.

Maybe you"re right. You could take the first flight at 9am on Saturday, arrive at 12:30, have the seller pick him up at the airport, hit the road and drive 8-10 hours, spend the night and drive another 16-20 hours and save 100 bucks. Or break it up over three days/two nights and save 50. Could be done. :cool:

There are shippers that run off of an auction type system to ship any & every thing. There was a series on not too long ago called "Shipping Wars" they would reverse bid on shipping charges. The company that handled the auctions were out of Amarillo, I think. I never knew that option existed until I saw the show.

Bonzi Lon