IGNORED

Got my Z back after 6 years

kwigbo

My friend and I had bought a 1972 Z about 6 years ago in PA. He passed away shortly after that and I shipped the car out to AZ for his mom. Now she wants me to have the car back. The car just arrived this past Saturday and I got it running for the first time last night. It had sat for about a year so I gave it an oil change and some fresh gas. It starts up real nice. When we bought the car we were told it had a stroker motor in it. I am still investigating to figure out what was done to the car.

Pics can be seen at the link below.

http://projects30.tumblr.com/

Hey man the car looks great! That engine bay needs one hell of a bath, I gotta wonder how so much dirt got up in there and over everything.. That dash looks near perfect though, are there any cracks of is it all in good condition?

Congrats man, excited to hear more about what's been done to her!

**EDIT**

The reason it is so dirty is that it has been sitting outside in arizona for a year. There have been a lot of dust storms lately and it is covered. Inside and out.

Thanks for the response everyone.

Threehz:

There are a few cracks in the dash unfortunately. I will take more interior pictures tomorrow after work.

Travel'n Man:

The manufactures plate is ground of a bit and all I can make out is 12/7. The title says it's a 72. The engine is from a 260z I think. The block is L26 and the head is E88. Pictures at the link below.

http://projects30.tumblr.com/post/10540990041/from-my-research-i-believe-the-engine-is-from-a

I will be taking more pictures tomorrow.

Edited by kwigbo

Well that does explain it, living here I've been in a few of those dust storms this year and I know there have been a lot more. Well I would be utterly surprised if it had NO cracks after sitting in AZ for a year, our state is probably one of the toughest on dashes LOL.

Interesting combination, and obviously just from looking at her a lot of work has been done, excited to see those pics and I bet everyone here is as eager to find out more about her as you haha.

Threehz:

Happy to have some help solving the mystery. :)

Travel'n Man:

Upon closer inspection in the daylight I can make out 12/71 for the production date.

If anyone has any ideas of where to look for more clues let me know so I can take good pictures. I noticed that there is no text on the valve cover. I thought this was odd since every other Z I have seen has the raised text.

I am planning on cleaning the engine tonight. There seems to be a coolant leak from the front of the engine (water pump I assume). The slave cylinder is also leaking and needs to be replaced. Also for some reason the springs on the back belong on the front and vice versa.

kwigbo, Nice simpsons reference by the way! :) I will PM you a funny story about that...

I noticed you have a missing inspection light, or rather an incomplete one. IF you would like a new one, I have two extra. Part of the pay it forward vibe we have on this web site.

PM me your address and I will ship you mine.

d240zx2:

She won't be whole soon enough for me. I'd work around the clock if it was possible!

Zedyone_kenobi:

I have owned the domain kwigbo.com for about 7 years and you are the first to catch the Simpsons reference! I will send you a PM.