IGNORED

New engine

Diseazd

No I haven't driven a sidedraft Z.......My son had a Rebello Mikuni 2 liter 510 and it was fun....sound and performance. I am also impressed with the simplicity and performance of the SU carb......Bruce Palmer...don't lose any sleep...I'm your biggest fan!

• 4 years later...

Sorry Zed Head.....no numbers yet....best guess is close to the L28 crank engines I’ve built....170 at the fly....195-200 at the wheels. The two Stroker Motors are first in line for the dyno, just can’t seem to find the time. I will tell you they are a smooth accelerating blast to drive, but the strokers are real torque monsters....they feel like they want to break something.  ?

13 minutes ago, Diseazd said:

Sorry Zed Head.....no numbers yet....best guess is close to the L28 crank engines I’ve built....170 at the fly....195-200 at the wheels. The two Stroker Motors are first in line for the dyno, just can’t seem to find the time. I will tell you they are a smooth accelerating blast to drive, but the strokers are real torque monsters....they feel like they want to break something.  ?

Which one feels more balanced? Ie feels the smoothest? Least amount of vibration?

4 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Which one feels more balanced? Ie feels the smoothest? Least amount of vibration?

All feel smooth and balanced, but the L24 crank and rods is smoothest to 7000 rpm. They all are a blast in different ways.....come to Richmond and we’ll drive em all Charles.

12 minutes ago, Diseazd said:

All feel smooth and balanced, but the L24 crank and rods is smoothest to 7000 rpm. They all are a blast in different ways.....come to Richmond and we’ll drive em all Charles.

That sounds like a lot of fun! Been a long time since I've been to Virginia. Both of my parents were from Virginia...