IGNORED

New engine

Diseazd

Thanks Jeff.....still waiting on my good friend Russ to get his dyno moved. Iimagine it should be close to the otherL28's I've built .....around 170 rear wheel h.p. , but I'd still like to know. They're just very fun exhillirating motors to drive .....nice street motors.

• 1 month later...

Jeff....My friends dyno still isn't set up....my guess is 170 at the wheels. It runs best at 18 degrees advance at idle. I love the combo of short stroke and bigger CID. It's a really smooth engine. I'm running this combination in the orange and gold car while the white and green car are running the L28 crank and rods .....all 4 L28's are running shaved and shimmed P79 heads with stainless swirl valves and Isky Stage III cams. The silver 73 is running a .040 over L24 with an E31 head with L28 valves and an Isky Stage II cam.

Guy,

always glad to see some engine building going on here at CZCC!

A couples notes of discussion-I am suprised you have made so many engines the same way,i.e., same cam ,etc... Your choice, but thought a little variance to spice things up or experiment maybe with a different cam.

Have you driven a triple carbed L engine yet? Your combo begs for a hard hitting induction system with accelerator pumps!!!!!!!

How does the destroker compare to the L24?

I like your engine build, but probably never go that route. I think I would rather make the full stroked L28 spin up faster with lightened flywheel/clutch and cam set-up.

I have a P-79 head for anyone interested. Came off a runner and I won't be using it. The chambers look great on the P-79, but I'm set up for square exhaust

Steve.....I'm not looking for obscene numbers, just something "fun to drive" and these engines are a ball. I really like the simplicity of the SU's.......don't really want to get into jets, bleed valves etc. etc. For what I'm looking for, street performance, these engines fill the bill. I would like to build a stroker motor someday, but right now I'm motored out. The mix/match L24/L28's are quite a bit different from the straight L24's......might have something to do with the bore to stroke ratio you get with the big bore L28 blocks.

I'm with you as far as the 'fun factor'. It's the total package of sound , feel.

The triples are a unique fun for the inline motors. Not too many engines have this option. It's not about the numbers, or I would just say turbo charge it.

I will admit that frustration of tuning triples might diminish the fun. I have been lucky with my Mikunis, pretty much set them - forget them.

You never did say if you have driven a triple carb?

Wish we all lived closer to swap out keys!!!!!

Sounds like your L24 is built just like mine( except for the triples)