IGNORED

240Z Parts suppliers?

Olliesshop

I'm sorry for asking such an obvious and probably constant question, but where are the best sources for parts for my 1971 240Z/Scarab? I've found:

- http://www.zcarsource.com/

- http://www.thezstore.com/

- ebay and Craigslist of course

But there must be more, right? For example I was looking for a set of fiberglass bumpers and some odds and ends for my interior.

Any help would be appreciated.

All the best and THANK YOU !!! :)

Tim

We're almost done with the Powertrain (302 Chevy V8 with at Borg-Warner T-10 4 speed). I've also upgraded to the 280Z R200 rear differential for more torque capacity, upgraded the front calipers to Nissan Racing 4 piston units, since it stopped horribly before (with a brake bias valve) and welded in a roll cage. I've also decided I don't like the color I painted it (turned out a puke green metallic), so I'm thing about repainting just the exterior/jams Red, which is my favorite color. I also think I'm going to leave the interior somewhat bare (race/car like) as kind of a Rat Rod. As I update the pictures I'll put them in the same gallery as listed above. Still a loooonnnnggg way to go, but it's been sitting for about 15 years since I repainted and it now just starting to come back to life, mainly due to the help of my friend who's building the Powertrain for me.

Many more updates to come.

All the best !!!

Tim

Tim,

What kind of seats are those on page 7 of your album? Wrapped in plastic, black with side bolsters, are they for your Scarab? Also the rear fender flares, are they a Scarab stock item or something that got added later? They have the best transitions from the qtr to the flare that I have seen yet.

Thanks, Charles

Charles ... They are what's going in the Scarab, they are brand new Z06 seats I got for almost nothing from a friend of mine. I'll probably sell the original 240Z seats on Craigslist (unless someone here wants them), since they're still in almost perfect shape, after some clean up. I don't remember any tears in them. The rear flares I put on later, now I have to get some really wide rear wheels/tires to fill them up. Thanks for the complement, I spent a ton of hours filling and sanding them, but that was about 15 years ago and frankly I can't remember the brand I got.

All the best !!!