IGNORED

Decals for Z's

mgood

I have been looking for the correct or as close as I can get to the correct paper for the different decals on my Z car. Well I have finally found some that is very close to the Gold and Silver papers.

The gold is a metallic gold with a paper and gum back and looks very close to the original on my car.

The silver is a metallic silver mylar material that is even closer than the gold.

I have make up copies of the following decals.

Paint decal with the number 302 on it. - Silver

Vehicle Emission control Information - Gold

The Inertia Wheel Weight - Gold

Antifreeze decal - Silver

The Caution hot decal for radiator - silver

Vehicle Emission Control Info. on the drivers door - Gold

See pictures.

If any one is interested in my decals or in ones for your car let me know. Price is up in the air right now because the papers is very expensive. I also plan on putting them on 1/64th inch magnetic paper so they cam be removed when not in a show so they do not get damaged.

Still working on the one for the air cleaner, I need the size and color of the paper, mine was to far gone to copy. I do have the words and look correct but not the size.

post-13827-14150814734763_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150814735001_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150814735318_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150814735513_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150814735717_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150814735858_thumb.jpg

I'm assuming that you can change the print when needed, but keep in mind that the "inertia wheel weight" changes with the year of the car. My '73 said "2750" and the hood I just picked up (must be from a later car) says "3000".

Those look nice. Depending upon price, I may be hitting you up when I get there.

Very cool. As an art director, I can't help but notice the stretched and squeezed type, which I'm sure aren't on the originals. Also an incorrect hyphenation: s/be "sum-mer."

Also, a typo on the "Caution" decal - "it's" should be "its". It's that possessive or contraction dilemma that often rears its ugly head for the rest of your life after leaving second grade.

Check spelling on "vehical" on the 3000 decal - should be "vehicle".

Dennis

Edited by psdenno

I'm in need the whole group for the 73z please include the emissions decal for under the hood. Let me know when avail and price, Thanks

I need the same under hood decals as well for my 73Z. Mine got painted over -Doh!

Petrol – Yes the changing of the fonts were needed to make them as close as I could. I could not find anything close so I used Arial. It looked the closest when I overlaid it.

The spelling of summer like this summ-er is on two other sited that supply decals.

Zeddsaver.com and zzxdatsun.com.

Thanks for the info. and help.

Psdenno – You are right the it’s is "its" on my original, it was very well worn and looked like it had a " ‘ ". Thanks.

Manny – I don’t know all the decals that are on a 73Z and the sizes if you can get the sizes I can make them.

Motorman7 – Let me know the ones you want. If you could get the sizes that would be great.

Trevel’n Man – Is your wheel weight the same as mine or is the weight 2750?

Here is a picture of the finished decals.

post-13827-14150814742221_thumb.jpg

With the magnet on the back they are 8 sheets of 20# paper thick. They look better in person than the picture. I do need to figure out a better way to make the corner cuts. Need to get to a craft store.

If there are any requests I will try, in most cases I will need the measurements of the original decal if you can provide it.

I am thinking $10 each without the magnet. Each decal will have a gum back.

$12 each with the magnet.

mgood, my wife does scrapbooking, and you can buy a punch that will cut rounded corners. You can probably go on ebay and find one (not sure what they are called). If not, let me know and I'll see if she has an extra one.

they're called corner-cutters or corner-rounders.

also, without looking at the original decals, i can say with near 100% certainty that the typeface used originally is Helvetica. arial is a wizz-poor approximation of Helvetica brought to you by Microsoft.

having said that, the stickers look great printed. the devil's in the details, tho...