IGNORED

Wolf Creek Racing - Mikuni 40's

I opened the links you posted and all prices are in YEN. I didn't know that ZCCJDM stocks the heat shield. Thanks for schooling me. Yes your rig does look good. It's nice to get some raw feedback about performance improvements. Can't wait to hook up the 47's.

Not sure how you came up with your shipping cost, but when I made my purchase of the heat shield along with the fuel rail shipping was $35.00.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I would love to come and see your set up, I use to live in Johnson city, Tn and now live in Nasville, Tn I am in Johnson city a lot and could come up to see your 240Z. I have a 71 240z I have been working on with a Rebello engine installed with SU CARBS I have been thinking about the Mikuni or webers.

• 3 months later...

Just an update for anybody keeping up with this install or thinking of installing Mukini's. With all the beautiful weather we have had this March I've had my car out a lot enjoying the early spring in the Western North Carolina mountains. I filled my car up a couple of weeks ago (when I fired it up for the first time this calendar year) and have driven a couple hundred miles - topped off my gas this afternoon and getting right at 21 MPG. I have had a few spirited drives and some easy town crusing but overall 21 MPG is great with triples and a modified L28. I have seen some threads with folks reporting 8MPG. I really think a lot of folks try to go too big for the cars based on their engine size and then spend forever tuning, adjusting, tweeking, changing jets due to the carbs are too big for the engine. My Mikiuni's have been spot on since day one (with very little fine tuning). I did add an air/fuel gauge inside my glovebox to monitor things. I'll try to post a picture later this week.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to update this install with the location that I installed my Air Fuel Gauge. Works great - out of the way and easily accessed for me to monitor if needed. If you're going to tune triples this is a necessity. Close up the glove box door and nobody knows it's there.

post-14147-14150818358095_thumb.jpg

Edited by Travel'n Man

O2 Sensor and Air Fuel Gauges are not cheap - did a ton of researching and ended up using one at Summit Racing (since the hidden radio was digital I figured why not for the AFR gauge) it reads the digital number and sweeps from halfway down - either on the lean side or the rich side. The 02 sensor installed in the collector of the header. Run some power and your good to go.

• 4 weeks later...

Mitchell,

What are your pilot screws set at- how many turns?

Also, any regrets for not running the fuel enrichments(chokes)?

Just started mine today and it didn't seem to want to do much as far as an idle until I engaged the enrichments( It was a cold start)

Edited by madkaw

• 9 months later...