IGNORED

1974 KHGC110 240K - my new project!

Torker Man

I used 'Metal Amour' Satin Black, Its a no primer needed Epoxy satin black. if you use std matt or satin black it will come off pretty easy, but the epoxy stuff seems to hang in there pretty well. I couldn't match theOG ones as all the paint had faded/washed off.

Wiped the badge over with Metho, let dry, then a few good coats of black, then carefully wipe off the raised areas with a rag moistened with metho.

DON'T USE THINNERS!! these are plastic and the thinneds with remove the chrome finish too!

Am going to do my Grill this same colour, leaving the chrome highlights around the 2 grille openings and around the lights too.

For the rear panel, I will look for a satin finish in a dark grey, black would be too much I think, BUT I will remove it and soak it in wd 40 for a day or too, this may bring the colour back enough for me not to have to paint it...and I will give the rear 240K GL badge the same finish as the front.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a small update..

Restored the grille, new paint etc..

DSCF4161.jpg

DSCF4163.jpg

grille fitted...

DSCF4171.jpg

DSCF4173.jpg

some minor rust works,

DSCF4178.jpg

DSCF4175.jpg

DSCF4174.jpg

...some extra parts that i came across..

This is a 4dr rear section, I actually like the look of these lights better (Not sure if 4dr panel will fit coupe??)

But was planning to do a JDM tail light mod (change reverse light for second stop/tail, then make the small brake light into a reverse light..)

DSCF4177.jpg

DSCF4176.jpg

Spoilers from Kent (CHAMP!!)

DSCF4165.jpg

Just got to work out how to fit the front lip spoiler?????

No holes in it, edge seems to thin to screw on? not sure on that one yet.

Cheers!

Adam.

My front lip is the same no idea how im gong to mount it, probably just leave it for the body shop to worry about LOL.

Your cleaned up grill looks good, i was going to do the same with the crome but have just gone all black as the stocker will just be a spare for me, will post pics when i get it back.

Edited by blk180

..... was planning to do a JDM tail light mod (change reverse light for second stop/tail, then make the small brake light into a reverse light..)

Adam.

This is what I'm doing about JDM style of lights..

Nigel

post-12467-14150814935533_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150814936021_thumb.jpg

post-12467-14150814936415_thumb.jpg

Guest Flauski

4 door tail light panel will definately not fit your coupe, I know first hand as had both at once. The lights are exactly the same, the outer ring on the coupe lights (which make it look bigger) unscrews with 4 x phillips heads holding it on.

Also on JDM lights both outer ring lenses are flat (like the clear portion on OZ ones.)

taillightsi.jpg

BTW what colour did you use for the grille? Is that a flat gun metal/silver? who makes it?

Edited by Flauski

The paint is flat black.

Its called Metal Amour by TREMCO

Love this stuff!

You can put it on real thick, goes off nice and hard, no primer needed!!

Also unlike others I have used, it sprays evenly right untill the can runs dry.

Thanks for the lights heads up mate :)