IGNORED

Daves NEW Start/Stop Button Ignition System.

Zs-ondabrain

Can do Greg. As for everyone else, These are moving faster than I thought.

I'm thinking this order of 20 units will be gone by Mid April. So if you're waiting, I wouldn't wait too long.

By the way guys and gals, A portion of your purchase of a DZ-Start system will be donated to the site you found the DZ-Start on. This site, among others, is the reason you're able to find and buy one. And because of that, I am telling everyone to let me know where you saw the Kit Info, so I can Pay them. I'd love to put "Site Supporter" in my title.

We're about Less than 10 days from a final, shippable product. And that'll include relay harness, Nissan switch button and cable, DZ-Start Module, hole template and Hopefully (if my metal guy hurries up) the Aluminum alloy Bracket for those who don't want to remove their ignition assembly.

Dave

moving right along........

Hey Dave, Congrats on your venture, you've done some excellent work and I hope you are rewarded for it.

Once you get up and going another area you could pursue is the cobra kit car crowd. I had a FFR cobra for 9 years and installing a push button start button (S2000) was a popular mod. Yours has some added features. I would also have the RFID proximity option in hand and available before introducing your product there. Send me a PM/email if you want to discuss it further.

Ken

Thanks Dave and Gary for your input. I had replaced the battery, the ignition switch and the starter trying to get this car to crank every time I turn the key, but no luck yet. After rearing your reply, I removed and cleaned the ground that is just above the rail under the emergence switch, but can not see any other in that area. I checked the wiring diagram and can not find it. I did see a connector without a wire attached, that is between the fusible link and the battery on the firewall??? I posted this here because, if I can not get this to work, I will need Dave button but, I would like to keep the key.

Dave, if I miss the first order, will I be able to order in the future??

That's the idea, so I hope to be able to say YES. The DZ-Start order of 20 is the first of it's kind for the Datsun (specifically) and so this is more of a Tester run. To see how it goes, the interest it draws, difficulty in building, assembly and shipping, etc, etc.

If the battery, starter and ignition switch have all been replaced, then the only other option is weak wiring or connections. I would follow the Black/yellow wire from the ignition switch to the starter. removing connections, squeezing them a little for a stronger bite when you reconnect them couldn't hurt.

You might want to think about a Starter Assist Relay for your 260Z.

It's a basic relay that mounts near the starter, below the battery and uses the starter wire as a signal to transfew a full battery current to the starter solenoid.

You can find them on eBay or I can make you one. I found one on eBay from a Bad reputation seller, but I can make one for you for the same price and it'll be WAY BETTER and actually Designed for your 260Z. LEt me know if you're interested.

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

Guys, please take all your purchase talk, confirms and post-install support questions to PMs or email. Don't post them here in the discussion thread. Pre-purchase technical questions and answers are OK here, but purchases and after-purchase support need to be offline.

Edited by Arne

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys, Looks like one of our great Vendors/Supporters has picked up the DZ-Start System. If I don't have them in stock, you're more than welcome to try your luck at MSA. But I don't see them keeping the Kit in stock for too long. They'll be flying off the shelves at this rate.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/PEIC11/12-4250

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update as it's been a while since I checked in on the write-up.

I ordered 30 more after the first 20 sold. Motorsport bought 15 of the new 30. Sold a few others but still have plenty if anyone is interested.

$5.00 of each sale will go to the site that the purchaser found the DZ-Start System on. So your purchase thru me, helps CZCC.

I will be at Canby this year and will have some on hand to sell to those interested.

I'll also be DONATING one for the Canby Awards Ceremony on Sunday Afternoon.

Hope to see as many of you as possible.

Also, I'm no longer offering the GTR button as part of the sale, BUT Motorsport Auto does sell them and it will slide in and lock into the maxima Bezel with ease.

Thanks again to all who have bought one or may buy one, CZCC will be donated to because of your purchase.

Email me with any questions you may have.

Dave

wolfin32z@yahoo.com