IGNORED

triple SU's vs 6 carbs.

brakelates30

Not really buying the mixture/pulse argument in terms of it works/doesn't work seeing as how so many British cars had three SU's from the factory. There might be some room to argue about optimization, but it's pretty clear that it does work.

I'm not buying that argument either. Considering there is a balance tube connecting the carbs this "pulse" explanation is, for all intents and purposes, a moot point. Seems like it should work just fine, and it's not like the twin SUs don't have mixture distribution problems either.

A triple, twin-choke (DCOE, PHH, etc.) setup will inherently out-perform any combination of SUs given a proper setup and would be more cost-effective than a triple SU setup because of the custom work required.

Edited by LeonV

I don't buy into the pulse thing. The Aussie Holden Torana GTRXUI of the early seventies was a giant killer at Bathurst and other races. All with factory fitted triple side draught Stromberg carbs. My brother in law had one. They were a rocket back then.

Brian.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you're hilarious! Now the name Marc Sayer is one I haven't heard for probably 15 years, not since the IZCC mailing list days. Wow!!

Not to derail this great discussion, but what ever happened to Marc? I too haven't heard his name since the IZCC mailing list days. From what I remember the heavy contributors back then were Marc Sayer, Don Vickrey, and of course Carl Beck. I remember that Don sold his Z 10+ years ago. Anybody hear from him?

Isn't Marc Sayer the guy that was editor/publisher of Z Car magazine which eventually became. Z Car and Classic Datsun magazine? In the process of changing over from a regular magazine to a cd, they collected up the subscription money and then dissappeared. I am one of many whose money they took with them......

Isn't Marc Sayer the guy that was editor/publisher of Z Car magazine which eventually became. Z Car and Classic Datsun magazine? In the process of changing over from a regular magazine to a cd, they collected up the subscription money and then dissappeared. I am one of many whose money they took with them......

HMmmmm..... ;)

Now that I think about it, you might be right. And I too had JUST sent in my 2-year renewal when they went belly up. I'd have to go back and look at the magazines, but I think Marc was part of the Z Car and Classic Datsuns, not the original Z Car Magazine. ZC&CD is the one that took the money and ran. :disappoin

Car magazines. That's so 20th century. I can see a 4 page spread on a car that I pay money for and wait to be delivered, or I can see months of work here or at hybridz.org where the owner details what he plans to do, discusses it with like-minded people and then takes pictures all along the way and posts it up for free.