IGNORED

73/74 Flat top carb modification manual

jaltman

I have come into possession of a Nissan publication entitled Modification Plus which is a Nissan manual for fuel system modifications from the factory relating to the 73/74 240-260 fuel systems focusing on the flat top carbs. It has a bunch of modification, recall information and troubleshooting info.

I have not seen this document available elsewhere. I am prepared to scan it into a pdf and post it for general availablitiy. If I am simply missing it, then I will not bother with scanning it. It is dated August 1975.

Is this document already out there?

Me too. Would save me a search on Xenon especially since you started a thread here :). Love my Flat tops! Drove the '73 about 30 miles to Z club meeting. After she warmed up was incredibly smooth.

A search on Xenon? It's in the reference section. It took me all of about 1 minute, and that was with typing in the address manually.ROFL

A search on Xenon? It's in the reference section. It took me all of about 1 minute, and that was with typing in the address manually.ROFL

It's even faster when I click on your Xenon Link. Sorry, just lazy.

Boy, after reviewing that document makes me want to take up heart surgery LOL

Hi Jim: I would also be interested, my flat tops sat in a garage unused for at least 12 years, and alhtough they were gummy, after some cleaning they seem to be functioning, have not driven my car yet, and would be interested in any kind of factory modification available, don't want to give up on flat tops simple because everyone does.....no offense to anyone who has.

George

Before I knew better I played with mine for weeks, could only get modest results. It took only a half day to replace the intake with used round tops and the car ran better BEFORE I tuned the R/T than it did with the F/T's. I'm not offended, but I'm not into bashing my head against the wall either. If you want my flatties you can have them, maby you can use them for spare parts.

• 6 years later...
On 2/9/2011 at 7:34 PM, jaltman said:

I have come into possession of a Nissan publication entitled Modification Plus which is a Nissan manual for fuel system modifications from the factory relating to the 73/74 240-260 fuel systems focusing on the flat top carbs. It has a bunch of modification, recall information and troubleshooting info.

I have not seen this document available elsewhere. I am prepared to scan it into a pdf and post it for general availablitiy. If I am simply missing it, then I will not bother with scanning it. It is dated August 1975.

Is this document already out there?

Jim,

I'd appreciate if you'd forward (or direct me to) whatever information you've been able to uncover on flat top carb rebuilding, tuning, troubleshooting etc. Seems there's not much detailed info out there. I'd also be interested in any commentary from you on your experience with the flat tops.

Thanks for your help. My email address is: dougseylar@mac.com