IGNORED

Low profile kick panel speaker pods now available

Derek

Hi Everyone.

I ran into a fit problem with my regular kick panel pods in cars with dealer add on air. I designed a new set of low profile pods that places the speaker magnet in the pocket for the door hinge bolts. Although the acoustics aren't as good they will get the job done. So if you have dealer AC or your looking for something less obtrusive then these are the ticket. They're $100.00 plus shipping. These are $10.00 cheaper than the regular panels because they don't need the hood cable relocater bracket.

They fit 70-73 left hand drive cars only and use a 5 1/4" speaker.

Thanks

Derek

c412580b.jpg

9de20a0d.jpg

c37e6df3.jpg

e39bed91.jpg

Edited by Derek

• 7 months later...

Hey Derek,

Great design! I'm going to test fit stock 240 panels ans see if I can get them to fit my 280 before purchasing. I know I'll have to relocate the fuse panel but that could only lead me to cleaning up the rats nest of wires I have down there anyway :) Have you done anything that would fit a 280?

Joe

No worries. I'd like to grab a set from you anyway if you have them available. I can always use them in the 240 :) Do you have a Paypal account or is there some other way you go about selling these?

Joe

Agreed - I've got a set as well, and they are fantastic! Helps so much to have balance sound! The speaker pods do not interfere with my clutch foot, unless I'm wearing some overly large shoes. It also finishes off the kick panels very nicely, and since they are a nice formed plastic, they don't ravel like the pressed cardboard does. Great upgrade for anybody that does not want to cut their door panels.