IGNORED

Jdm exhaust muffler

surfer.tech

He is parting out his car, and it is going on my Fairlady :)

Dando's Automotive is doing some final fitting on it for me, as when I put it on it didn't bolt up too well due to my header.

I'll be sure to update and post a youtube when it's done!

You should see his Mini ;) His Z is very nice, classic Japanese Retro Modding! His Mini is fully track built with a Civic Type R Custom setup... I think it does around 150-200hp, and pulls very hard on the track. He has to constantly keep that car up to maintanence... so it just makes sense for him to have a DD he can rely on to start up every day :)

The sale price they have right now for the Legalis-R muffler is not too bad at all. The shipping price made me say ouch but I could shake that off too. Wonder what the other charges would be at the door? Group buy possible? It should bolt right up to my Trust header, which by the way does fit beautifully on a LHD. Looking at the illustration and comparing it with my original Fairlady Z twice pipe, it looks like a direct bolt on.

Yea, from what I hear it is a direct bolt on to the Trust header. I was a little concerned about exhaust diameter with my stock motor, but after seeing LeonV's explanation I feel a lot better about doing this modification. I think the base price of the exhaust is around $800-900 and shipping is a whopping $300 or so!

The quality of this exhaust is uncomparable... excellent welds and awesome sounding. Fujitsubo never fails to impress!

I know several people on this forum who have had headaches getting the sizing down for a custom twin tip STACKED exhaust... Measurements of ID, OD, and distances between tips is a hassle for anyone who does not want to put the effort in. This exhaust is definitely a viable option.

Edited by spitz17

I know several people on this forum who have had headaches getting the sizing down for a custom twin tip STACKED exhaust... Measurements of ID, OD, and distances between tips is a hassle for anyone who does not want to put the effort in. This exhaust is definitely a viable option.

That is why I have been hanging on to this piece, in the hopes of eventually replicating the entire system...but I don't think that is going to happen. That particular project got put on the back burner. With the availability of the Legalis-R system and the fact that it is so much better than what I could hope to replicate, I agree about it being a viable option. The original isn't stainless, doesn't have nice mandrel bends. Can you tell I'm trying to talk myself into it!:ermm: My finger was hovering over the "add to cart" button until I figured I'd better give it some more thought. I'm just too darned impulsive. Thats why I've got a dedicated stock room for Z parts.:stupid:

Hahah I have had many instances where I had my mouse "hovering over the buy it now button." At least you are the first to admit you're impulsive, took me awhile before I admit that about myself. But trust me, once that nicely packaged Fujitsubo Legalis-R is sitting on your front porch... you will be smiling like NO other :)

The sound is absolutely beautiful too...

Were you looking to buy it off RHDJapan.com?

Edited by spitz17