IGNORED

Jdm exhaust muffler

surfer.tech

Hey guys,

new here. I did a search and still no positive answers, hopefully you can help me out.

I have a stock USDM 73 Datsun 240Z and want a Fujitsubo Super EX header/ Legalis-R muffler. Problem is no one on this side or the other side of the pond can figure out if there will be fitment issues. I understand that the header might not work because of the steering rack, but will the muffler work? I have contacted Fujitsubo japan and also many other tuners and no one knows the answer.

One tuner did suggest that since it was built back in the 70's that there were no emissions and that should mean that there should be no difference in the mufflers. Thanks

Edited by surfer.tech

I was thinking that would be a latter muffler setup their is not much room for a large muffler what is the dimensions? About 14" body is about the max leignth that fits. Diameter varies on shape

Edit:

What look or sound are you going for? A nice glasspack can sound very nice or something that might give you a good look for less maybe??

Edited by ajmcforester

surfer.tech,

I can confirm that this exhaust DOES work. My close friend, who has a gnose 71 240Z, has this exhaust and ordered it from rhdjapan.com. He had a custom mandrel bent flange mated to it so it could be fit to the MSA header. Other than that, the exhaust fits perfect and sound. Do consider however that you may not want to purchase it for an overly LOW car though, as it does tend to hang a tad low. Let me also say, this is by my opinion, the BEST sounding exhaust on a early Z car. The dual pipes release a solid, NON-DRONING, sound at low and high rpm's.

I can get a picture of the exhaust on his car for you. I'll ask him.

Edited by spitz17

surfer.tech,

I can confirm that this exhaust DOES work. My close friend, who has a gnose 71 240Z, has this exhaust and ordered it from rhdjapan.com. He had a custom mandrel bent flange mated to it so it could be fit to the MSA header. Other than that, the exhaust fits perfect and sound. Do consider however that you may not want to purchase it for an overly LOW car though, as it does tend to hang a tad low. Let me also say, this is by my opinion, the BEST sounding exhaust on a early Z car. The dual pipes release a solid, NON-DRONING, sound at low and high rpm's.

If he's the guy with a sort of dark red colored Z and Wats, I know who you're talking about. That car looks and sounds fantastic!

If he's the guy with a sort of dark red colored Z and Wats, I know who you're talking about. That car looks and sounds fantastic!

It is, and it does sound awesome. Glenn is right though, it does hang a bit low. He is on coilovers though so his car is pretty low

surfer.tech,

That would be awsome if you can grab some pics. We are having trouble confirming fitment but if he has them on his car then it should be all good.

I think I am going to try and fit the Fujitsubo SUPER EX headers on there as well. Has anyone tried the header?

My car is only lowered on springs, hopefully I wont bottom out with the muffler. I will update when I order it. Thanks Guys.

My car is only lowered on springs, hopefully I wont bottom out with the muffler. I will update when I order it. Thanks Guys.

It's really the middle muffler (resonator?) that hangs low. The muffler and tips look great but the middle pipe is just low

Glenn, when is he putting the bigger wats on? It's looking good