IGNORED

Vin 231 on Ebay

Unkle

• 3 months later...
Congrats on your new Z! What are your plans for it?

thank you buddy.

now it's under restoration process , I’ll remove all rust spots and change whatever needs to be changed from rubbers, bushings and parts.

then i would remove the rims and install the "D" emblem hubcaps.

Yea, I was just reading this thread. Congrats!

thank you mate.

---------------------------------------

I would like to have your opinions about the engine , shall i keep the original engine or to install “L28 with triple mikuni carb “(probably i prefer to keep the original one)

your thoughts guys is highly appreciated ...

regards,

Pictures of the progress would be great! Good luck on the project, and enjoy the Z!

If the engine block matches the ID plate, then keep it original...or at least keep the parts. If the numbers don't match, then build whatever engine you like.

Edited by cygnusx1

As I recall from the ebay ads, the original engine was seized. Did you get that engine shipped with the car? If so, you should at least try to get it rebuilt, even if you run another engine in the car. Not having the working original engine will definitely decrease the value of the car.

-Mike

Pictures of the progress would be great! Good luck on the project, and enjoy the Z!

If the engine block matches the ID plate, then keep it original...or at least keep the parts. If the numbers don't match, then build whatever engine you like.

I got it with the original engine but unfortunately i couldn't find engine tag "ID Plate" to match the serial number.

any other solutions to solve this matter? !

As I recall from the ebay ads, the original engine was seized. Did you get that engine shipped with the car? If so, you should at least try to get it rebuilt, even if you run another engine in the car. Not having the working original engine will definitely decrease the value of the car.

-Mike

the engine was shipped with the car ,but what I've understood from eBay's ads that the Piston kit "to rebuilt the engine" was seized.

nice to chat with u mike , you are a 240Z Guru :)

-Ismail

I got it with the original engine but unfortunately i couldn't find engine tag "ID Plate" to match the serial number.

any other solutions to solve this matter? !

Hello Ismail:

What is the number on the engine you received? It should be stamped on the block just below the #5 and #6 spark plugs.?

You can order a new Engine I.D. plate - see item number ID-O1 here:

http://www.zzxdatsun.com/catDecals.php

If you went to the trouble to find/buy a low VIN, 69 production Datsun 240Z - then it only makes sense to keep the original engine in it.

good luck with the restoration...

FWIW,

Carl B.