IGNORED

Bang

Pomorza

Hello all

I was forced to drive onto a median earlier this evening. Median is like the little concrete divider. I hit and drove onto it at roughly 35-40mph. The steering wheel is now pointing a bit to the right when the car is going in a straight line. I'm thinking I just messed the hell out of my alignment (as I hit the front left wheel) but what are the chances I did any real damage? I spent a good 30-45 minutes inspecting everything I could with a flashlight. It all looks like it should but its dark and rather difficult to see. Sorry this is rather vague and out of left field but I'm a bit worried I might of broken/bent something important, like the rack or something.

Thanks all

Jan

That sort of impact can easily bend the LCA since the radius rods face to the rear. The chassis end of the radius rod could also be impacted.

I doubt that the steering side rod would be damaged but you never know!

What is LCA?

Jan

Also to harp on a point I make frequently, download a copy of the FSM (our favorite TLA). It will have the specs you need to compare with the results of measurements from a reputable shop.

Here are some pictures of the damage done. The rim is I think the worse of it as the lip is nicely bent inwards. I don't see anything bent or out of wack, the only noticeable difference between once side and the other is that the driver's side tire is pointed outwards a bit by that I mean the front section of the tire is pointing a bit more outwards than the rear.

I'm redoing the entire suspension in the near future and replacing all the struts, springs and bushings so I'm going to have everything apart pretty soon. I will though take it to my alignment shop (which happens to be my local mechanic) and see what they're opinion is.

I don't need to download the copy SteveJ as I actually have a physical copy of both the FSM the Haynes manual and the original owners manual.

Jan

P.S

What is TC? I'm very bad at these acronyms

post-19999-1415081258786_thumb.jpg

post-19999-14150812589414_thumb.jpg

post-19999-14150812590003_thumb.jpg

post-19999-14150812590607_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pomorza