IGNORED

Restoration of inner fender Splash Shield

TomoHawk

I'm about 1/2 finished with the first splash guard.

There was a longitudinal crack at the top of the arch. and a couple cracks at the front, where the bolt is, and near where the headlamp wire goes through.

I first tacked the crack together using GOOP, and then used a cut-up antifreeze jug to form a patch, or backing piece. The patch was heated to the softening point with a heat gun, then placed over the crack, and formed to shape with a dry rag. The patch was then glued on the back of the part so it will not be seen. The patch was oversized to provide strength to the old, thinly-made splash guard.

I will do the same with the crack at the front; you just have to move quickly to get the backing piece to form well to to the splash guard.

Since the clips for the fender arch lip are not available, I will probably use a clip for electronics, such as below.

post-2169-14150811681692_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Tomo, he's a spambot from the Philippines. Note the syntax of the post and the cheezy link......

IP Check - 222.127.15.250

222.127.15.250 appears in our database 13 times.

Country of origin: Philippines

Date IP address Username Email Address

6/Aug/10 11:01 AM 222.127.15.250 armandjones82 armandjones82 @ yahoo.com

Edited by sblake01