IGNORED

Appraise mine?

Mikez73

Looks like everyone in the Houston area is trying to sell their Z car. Must be the weather. To freaking hot to enjoy it.

I'm trying to sell mine and i'm not sure if I will be able to get what i'm asking for. Not sure what its really worth either. I know how much i've spent and how much time i've spent on it as well. I don't think there are many Z's in better shape in the area. Never thought I would sell but oh well. Time for someone else to enjoy it.

I just saw your ad on zcar.com. Very nice car. I hope you get 6500. You should have a look at my interior. We should trade steering wheels...my wheel matches your shift knob and my shift knob matches your wheel :surprised

newZ_019med.jpg

I just bit the bullet and looked at your repair log and checked out the pictures. If she didn't have the square headlight buckets I would be on a plane to Houston now. The first Z that I ever saw was in high school. It was a 280Z, silver, with the same spoilers front and back, fender flares, and deep black wheels. I drooled over that car for 3 years till it graduated. I've been into Z's ever since.

If I had the money, and a way to easily get there I would so take it off your hands. Your asking price is a bit steep though (for me that is). If you are offering a "just for me" special, I would love to discuss it more through email NCPhotoTrekker@aol.com.

Edited by Smokey

That pic does make it look like a closer match. S30's usually fetch a pretty good price here. I think you'll get your price or very close to it. It's a beautiful car. Maybe when all this rain moves out.

I don't really like my steering wheel or the shift knob. I'd like something that matches the rest of the interior. As soon as I get this thing running I'm going to detail the interior. And give the car a good wash and wax and get some better pics.

@Greg: I'm not crazy about the headlights myself but the lights are bright and the buckets are fiberglass ;)

The PO sent along hardware that he said was from the original lights. No buckets or lights though. I don't have a price yet. If you came by this weekend with 4500 I'd take it just because I'm tired of fooling with the ignition. It's such a simple system but I can't figure out what's wrong and it's making me feel stupid :bunny:

I'm working this weekend, or I would have to think about it really hard. I could grab a quick loan, fly down, and drive up....if we can put the points back in and get it running. That would be a long trip to NC though. Lemme see what kind of options I can come up with.

I ended up giving the old dizzy away. I would need to buy another points dizzy to revert back to stock. I think the EI will happen. Got to be something simple and obvious I'm overlooking. I have fuel, spark, and compression. I just have to figure out why they aren't playing nice with each other ;)

@Greg: I'm not crazy about the headlights myself but the lights are bright and the buckets are fiberglass ;)

Have just the headlight buckets been changed? Most of the cars with them have fiberglass fenders as well.

Just curious..

Carl B.

Have just the headlight buckets been changed? Most of the cars with them have fiberglass fenders as well.

Just curious..

Carl B.

I have started to wonder the same thing. Looking at the pics, it looks like one piece with the fender, maybe just molded in. I would hope that they are just the buckets so they could be changed out and reverted back to the original round lights. I feel like a Jeep snob right now talking about round vs square lights. The round are just so much better looking IMO.

Have you been by to visit Doug Bakke at Awesome Z yet, Mike? He may have a points dizzy you could use or give you some advice on where to go from where you are.

No Frank I hadn't thought of Awesome Z. You recommend the shop? Also I'm curious if you are/were a member of the Z club in Houston. I had a couple of z31 friends in the club. Spot and David. You might know them?

Just curious..

Carl B.

Only the buckets are fiberglass Carl. I went over the entire body with a small magnet LOL. Was this a pretty common modification? I'm surprised that more than one person did it LOL

Looking at the car I wonder if the owner was going for a little bit of a 930 look but 930's had round head lights of course.

Mike what exhaust tip is on your Z? Curious because my '71 240Z has a similar tip as well as the same rear spoiler.

Can't help you out there jmark. The original owner did all of the modifications on the car. He is deceased. I bought the car from the second owner. He bought the car in 1994/95. But...he really didn't know a lot about the car.

As for the ignition problem, Adrian, who posts here as Ahlbin, has been helping me out. I'm not going to go into all the details of the swap but I've got quite a few parts that were defective. I'm on my second dizzy. I confirmed yesterday that the upper shaft on this one was installed backwards. I corrected that and with the engine at TDC and crank timing mark at 0 degrees the rotor points to #1.

07-02-10_007-t.jpg

I heartily and highly recommend Doug! He knows Zs inside and out, even races one.

Sorry, I don't know a "Spot" and there are a couple of "Davids" in the Club. Maybe they've left for some reason, or I just don't recognize the name with the cars.

BTW, if you can get yours running, Baker Tuning is having their Grand Opening on 10 July and are sponsoring an all Nissan car show at their north location (Baker Nissan). They're a big sponsor of the Club and the more Zs, the better!

Hope to see you there!