IGNORED

How Much Negative Camber Is Too Much

Diseazd

I hear you Jon.....If they wear out too fast I'll replace with 205-55-16, then reset camber. What's a good number for street application? Lee..... you're right....I do love the way it bites into the turns.

Edited by Diseazd

Jon,

I have thought about that but I don't drive the car that much and the current tires have lasted quite a while. I would like to get those and a set of camber plates for the dime, but currently I am more interested in getting front camber plates for the BMW :)

I hear you Jon.....If they wear out too fast I'll replace with 205-55-16, then reset camber. What's a good number for street application? Lee..... you're right....I do love the way it bites into the turns.

-1.5 to -2 degrees for street if you drive hard in the corners. If you're just putting around town, -.5 to -1 degree neg is about right.

3 degrees negative is too much for the street. It may look cool. If you aren't going to roll the fender lips, just make sure you carve every turn when you are out driving around town. This will help the wear. :)

Greg Ira

Greg,

In his case it has nothing to do with looking cool :) We kept bumping the camber until the tires cleared the fender. His cars are far too nice to roll the fenders if we don't have to. Unfortunately for me, I have no choice as both my cars are slammed and the 510 has no real adjustability (both cars have rolled fenders btw). The BMW does have rear adjustable trailing arms and I still run about negative 2. I have to replace the rears on my BMW every 5-6 months :( I have just always accepted the fact that none of my cars will ever be nice to tires. I also drive them like I am going for the checkered flag everywhere :) At least the 510 has 14's (cheap) and they still look great after 18 months.

Edited by five&dime

Thanks Greg.....enjoyed talking to you and your crew at Road Atlanta. How did you do? I had to leave Friday for my Dad's birthday so couldn't watch the race. Please let us know when you're going to run again at VIR. Guy