IGNORED

Zcon 2010 general questions

madkaw

Being optimistic that I will make it to the show, I have a few questions about how a big show like this works. I read the schedule of events and I see- Z car store hours- throughout the week-what does that mean? Is that just hanging out at the place, showing off your car?

Do folks bring any kind of canopies to put there car under for sun shelter?

Is there a market place to bring Z items to sell, or does everyone do there on thing if they want to sell some stuff-or is this not proper show manners?

Hate to sound like such a newbie, but never have participated in anything this big:)

Being optimistic that I will make it to the show, I have a few questions about how a big show like this works. I read the schedule of events and I see- Z car store hours- throughout the week-what does that mean? Is that just hanging out at the place, showing off your car?

Do folks bring any kind of canopies to put there car under for sun shelter?

Is there a market place to bring Z items to sell, or does everyone do there on thing if they want to sell some stuff-or is this not proper show manners?

Hate to sound like such a newbie, but never have participated in anything this big:)

From my experience last year:

I read the schedule of events and I see- Z car store hours- throughout the week-what does that mean? Is that just hanging out at the place, showing off your car? They have souvenir items like shirts, posters, etc available for sell. Last year it was just a room inside the hotel, so no place to park your car ;).

Do folks bring any kind of canopies to put there car under for sun shelter? I didn't see any last year. I don't think that would be allowed at the car show, but I could be wrong.

Is there a market place to bring Z items to sell, or does everyone do there on thing if they want to sell some stuff-or is this not proper show manners? Last year there was a pavilion next to the car show where some people brought parts to sell. Not sure if there was a fee for that or not.

Chris Wenzel (26thZ) is on the ZCCA board and heavily involved in the show this year, so he could give you more definitive answers.

-Mike

Edited by Mike B

I brought my shade tent to Texas last yr. and will bring it this yr. Not so much for the car, but for me. It gets mighty hot in the sun at the end of July, and if they can't park everybody under a tree, then I bring my own shade. As far as selling parts; maybe out of your trunk at the peoples choice show, but I would not do it at the judged show.

Her Majesty the 26th will be happy to take this question as Mr. Wenzel was last seen shooting whiskey on Honky-Tonk Row and his where-about is unknown at the moment. :rolleyes:

Mr. Wenzel’s car show diagram attached.

This will be a unique show in the sense that the Z community has been invited by Nissan to show their cars and the ZCCA convention is organizing it. We are guests of Nissan, meaning everyone is on their best behavior.:finger: Canopies are not allowed. Anything you want to display with your car must go inside the car. You can have chairs and a small table / tripod, cooler, etc. however alcohol is not allowed. There will be plenty of covered space. There is a dedicated area for people to come and sell things called Vendor Village. The Nissan building will be open. Their gift shop will be open selling the full line of Nissan merchandise as well as special 40th anniversary items. Their cafeteria will be open and serving food. This “cafeteria” serves 1,500 people a day. It is actually a restaurant with a balcony overlooking the car show and Vendor Village. Bose will have two demonstration cars in the lobby. The guest parking lot directly in front of the building will have about 50 special display cars including 12 Nissan Heritage cars, a number of significant Datsun / Nissan race cars, around ten previous ZCCA Gold Medallion / Cup cars, and a number of custom Zs including a few Vintage Zs. Sista Ol’ Yeller with be there! On the front lawn, we will have the ZCCA Judged Collection in front of the Nissan information tent and the ZCCA information tent. Nissan will have special “ambassadors” roaming around to pass out information and answer questions. The best the ZCCA could do was Hooter’s girls, but they’ll be selling raffle tickets. In front of all that will be the People’s Choice collection. Right now, this is about 300 cars, but we are getting one or two registrations a day and, because this is on a Saturday, who knows how many people will just show up that morning. Spectating is free and your non-Z goes in the parking garage. The big parking lot is available for trailers, but we are encouraging trailers in the hotel parking lot. Vendor Village is already pretty full of trailers – Yokohama, Nissan Competition, Z1, AMS…. Steve Millen, Peter Brock, John Morton, and Yoshihiko Matsuo will be there signing autographs and posters at the ZCCA and Nissan tent. The band is awesome, authentic Nashville Country Rock and Blues.:D

Oh…and it starts early. 9:00 am. We start parking cars at 7:00 because the picture will be taken at 9:30. The car show ends at 3:00.

The “Z-Store” from the ZCCA convention is the merchandise offered by the ZCCA. That will include a silent auction of donated collectable pieces. The band recorded a special album and there is a special print Hector Cademartori did for the convention. There are patches, pins, golf shirts, and all sorts of stuff with the convention logo (my current avatar).

Nissan is giving a car away Saturday night. What could be better?

CarShow_Layout-Diagram.pdf

Edited by 26th-Z

Mr. Wenzel,

Wow, what an incredible job you have done on the convention...bravo...BUT I am not into Hooter girls can you have a few Chippendales guys sell me tickets? :kiss:

I am counting the days...this is going to be a blast!!!:classic:

Thankyou 26th for clarifying things about the show. I guess i will be looking for a large shelter type umbrella instead of a canopy. I guess I'm not sure what to expect at a big shindig as this show, just looking forward to making it there with my car and talking Z's with everyone-face to face:)

I guess i will be looking for a large shelter type umbrella instead of a canopy.

It doesn't matter what you call it. Save your money. It isn't allowed.

Nissan will be taking many publicity photographs during the day. "My Classic Car" will be filming a show segment. The car show begins with a photograph of the whole crowd. It is possible to get far enough away from the area to photograph the entire show. We don't want "canopies" obscuring the cars.

Chris

Mr. Wenzel,

Wow, what an incredible job you have done on the convention...bravo...BUT I am not into Hooter girls can you have a few Chippendales guys sell me tickets? :kiss:

You won't need Chippendales after you see what I'm going to do for you, zlady.

I understand that the judged show is limited to 125 vehicles??? I sent my registration in early March, and signed up for the judged show. Got confirmation back they rec. my check on the 23rd of March. How do I know if I am one of those 125?

Well...because you're registered.

You're going to show up at the Embassy Suites Hotel and you're going to go to the registration room. There, you will tell someone sitting at a registration table your name and you will be given all your convention materials including the t-shirt. You get a "goodie bag" that looks something like this gym bag. It will have your t-shirt, the convention brochure, convention merchandise freebees, sponsor catalogs, stuff about Nashville...etc. You'll get your Forged Performance lanyard and name tag. And you'll get wrist bands for the different events you signed up for. Your car will get a number decal.

Then, you'll wonder around in a daZe for a while until you remember to check into your room. You got a room at the Embassy, right? Very soon after that, you'll feel sucked in to the twilight Zone of Z-dom. Helplessly, you will think nothing but Z for the next five days. Ask anyone who has been to a ZCCA convention. :beer: