Torque setting? - Page 2 - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Torque setting?

Featured Replies

  • Author

So... can anyone tell me the purpose of the cut bolt and this matching "washer"? It appears to facilitate some adjustment of the transverse link but I cannot find reference to it in the workshop manual....

post-20328-14150811336476_thumb.jpg

post-20328-14150811337078_thumb.jpg

Mark:

See the other post. Those bolts are not stock. This is a "clever" (other may have a different word for it...) attempt at camber adjusting me thinks.

I have the same or similar that I have been unable to remove without damage. The washers are made of aluminum and are galled tightly onto the bolts. I think you will be able to substitute the bolt & nut with an aftermarket alternative if they are NLA.

Edit: Here is a better view of the stock bolt, nut, washer and bushing (15, 16, 17, 14).

Edited by geezer

What you have in you car is a camber adjustment kit from Specialty Products

http://www.spcalignment.com/PROD_DIR/SPC_PROD_SEARCH_DYN.cfm?cmd=Cam&cmd2=83115&cmd3=

When I took my car in to get it aligned at Les Schwab. the guy pulled that exact kit out saying it was the oldest parts he had and was shocked that he had it at all in the first place.

Check out the installation instructions, what they do with that is cut a larger hole in your front cross brace 54401-E4100. install the eccentric and adjust your camber. You can never go back, once the hole is cut the stock bolt will no longer fit. To be stock again you would need to get a new cross brace.

  • Author

YIKES... so what was installed was the stock bushing and this kit - that means the "insides" were not correct for the "outsides". I THINK this is really not good, dangerous even.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.