Torque setting? - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Torque setting?

Featured Replies

According to the Workshop manual the torque setting for the "Transverse link mounting bolt" is 79.6 to 94 ft lbs... I am feeling that this is a lot. Can anyone confirm that this is correct?

Also I need to confirm that this is for the nut that goes on the end of the bolt that has half of the threaded shaft missing that goes thru this bushing (#14 in the picture below when it is installed in the transverse link):

.

5651052-1.jpg

.

The transverse link (part 16) and the nut to torque is number #18

.

Do I have this all correct?

Thanks,

Mark

post-20328-14150811335846_thumb.jpg

Edited by woytovich

  • Author

Thanks... I actually didn't replace the bushing.. it didn't want to come out and it seems to be in decent shape so I decided to leave it alone.

Did I make a mistake with that?

Mark

Thanks... I actually didn't replace the bushing.. it didn't want to come out and it seems to be in decent shape so I decided to leave it alone.

Did I make a mistake with that?

Mark

Perhaps, but not as serious a mistake as breaking something trying to get it off.

  • Author

During reinstall, before I bolted things to the outboard end, I could move the transverse link left/right seeing the rubber bushing flex some. It was not loose, broken or hard as a rock - I got a bit of flex... I think it's ok.

And yes, when I was trying to knock the old bushing out (I don't own a press) I was banging on it pretty good (using a socket sized to line up against the bushing's steel sleeve) and it didn't want to move. I didn't want to deform the transverse link....

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

So I stripped the nut (and I think the bolt). Am I royally screwed or is there a source for this odd bolt?

Anyone know the thread pitch/diameter on these?

Arrrrggghhhh...

Mark

So I stripped the nut (and I think the bolt). Am I royally screwed or is there a source for this odd bolt?

Anyone know the thread pitch/diameter on these?

Arrrrggghhhh...

Mark

I made note of the part numbers for these the other day. I need some in the near future also.

Bolt - 54436-E4100

Nut - 08912-84410

Washer - 56114-09400

Try your local Nissan Parts Dealer first.

  • Author

It will be SOOOO great if I can replace these. THANK YOU.

  • Author

The bolts and nuts are no longer available according to my local Nissan parts store and Courtesy Nissan.... now what!!!??

mark

My guess is you will need to make a trip to fastenal or something like that for an equivalent grade 10.9 bolt. Have you checked MSA? They seem to have an odd assortment of nuts and bolts.

  • Author

This is not going to be at any general hardware supplier:

post-20328-1415081133525_thumb.jpg

Ouch, guess not then. I didn't realize that it was flat on one side.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.