IGNORED

Torque setting?

According to the Workshop manual the torque setting for the "Transverse link mounting bolt" is 79.6 to 94 ft lbs... I am feeling that this is a lot. Can anyone confirm that this is correct?

Also I need to confirm that this is for the nut that goes on the end of the bolt that has half of the threaded shaft missing that goes thru this bushing (#14 in the picture below when it is installed in the transverse link):

5651052-1.jpg

The transverse link (part 16) and the nut to torque is number #18

Do I have this all correct?

Thanks,

Mark

post-20328-14150811335846_thumb.jpg

Edited by woytovich

Thanks... I actually didn't replace the bushing.. it didn't want to come out and it seems to be in decent shape so I decided to leave it alone.

Did I make a mistake with that?

Mark

Perhaps, but not as serious a mistake as breaking something trying to get it off.

During reinstall, before I bolted things to the outboard end, I could move the transverse link left/right seeing the rubber bushing flex some. It was not loose, broken or hard as a rock - I got a bit of flex... I think it's ok.

And yes, when I was trying to knock the old bushing out (I don't own a press) I was banging on it pretty good (using a socket sized to line up against the bushing's steel sleeve) and it didn't want to move. I didn't want to deform the transverse link....

So I stripped the nut (and I think the bolt). Am I royally screwed or is there a source for this odd bolt?

Anyone know the thread pitch/diameter on these?

Arrrrggghhhh...

Mark

I made note of the part numbers for these the other day. I need some in the near future also.

Bolt - 54436-E4100

Nut - 08912-84410

Washer - 56114-09400

Try your local Nissan Parts Dealer first.