Interior scuff plate restore - Page 2 - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Interior scuff plate restore

Featured Replies

Yesterday I drove up to Courtesy to pick up my new fender :classic: and also picked up the scuff plates and other misc stuff.

They may have more now but when I tried to order they only had one side in multiples.
You may want to consider redoing them and using contact cement as the 77 will probably not hold for long when it heats up. 3M General Trim Adhesive will last better than the 77.
3M 76 has a higher temp tolerance than 77. That's what I used on my headliner two years ago with good results.

As Conedodger noted, the problem is new skuff plates available from Nissan no longer have the same vinyl finish as the originals. Take another look at the product description on the Courtesy parts page you provided the link to.

-Mike

post-9102-14150811276963_thumb.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Left the one in the sun today with an ambient of 84 F. Pyrometer temp of the material attached to the scuff plate was 105 F. I could not peal the material off so it seems to hold in some pretty hot conditions...

The texture looks good in the pictures. Is it as close to original as the pictures show or is it off a bit?

John

  • Author

John, it is a bit off. But on the plus side, without the original right next to it, it is close enough. My car is too far off original to go back so this is a refresh not a restore. The driveline and suspension are about as developed as you find including many Nissan Motorsports parts. It even has the Motorsports LSD and headers. The interior was pretty rough. What I am doing is replacing everything I can to give it a comfortable newish feel as well...

I'm glad it worked out for you, Rob, and saving a few bucks is a bonus!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.