IGNORED

how loud?

dero

The sound of the Harly engine canot be attributed wholly to the single crankpin design of the engine - the Harley is not unique in this. Other V-Twin motorcycle engines have single crankpin engines (Guzzi and Ducati) but a different sound. These two have 90 degree cylinder spacing (Harley is 45) and they have a bore size larger than their stroke ( harley is vice versa...not sure about the new V-rod model). Its more than just the crank design.

Hey CG. My ZRX is a 99 1100. Picked it up last spring for 5k and it had a whopping 1500 miles on it. It now has a bunch more than that and I am starting to mod it slightly, but will keep the stock pipe to keep it quite and therefore stay in the stealth mode.

Bikes are just like cars, there is something for everyone and it is all personal choice. One can choose wisely, or you can go with the crowd and get a Hardley... actually having riden them before they do just fine for what they are designed for, slow cruising sunday riding almost nothing better.

Sorry for not staying on the threads, but duty calls and not much time lately for the net. Didn't see this until it came back to the top.

• 1 month later...

i always thought that it wasn't a backfire out of the carbs on the harley's, it was the monster cam the guys love to put in them, causing them to miss at low rpm's and always having them rev the motor to keep the plugs from fowling out.

The most expensive part of a Harley is paying the guy on the honda to follow you so some one can pick up the parts and give you a ride home.:tapemouth

I love hogs BUT the love ends after the 1960s. Then amc jumped in bed with harley in the mid 70s i think. After that its all down hill IMO

:mad:

Now I am in sport bikes. I love my honda CBR 600. No its not big in the cc's but I can toss it into a corner with ease and lift the front wheel from any point under 50 mph. I just dont know if I would want a bike that will lift the front wheel at 90 mph without thinking. I would kill myself :dead: