IGNORED

1969 / 1970 emissions decal

Mike B

7TooZ, Captain Obvious, Zup, Jfa.series1, 

Your concern and best wishes for my recovery is very much appreciated.  

It is heartening to occasionally be reminded that this is not only a society of Z 

enthusiasts, but, also, of just real good people.

Dan

Edited by AZ-240z
Spelling
  • Like 1

Thanks for the offer Dan, but I don't want you to have to worry about this while you're recovering. It sounded like 240ziggy has the ability to reproduce these. Yours turned out great. Maybe ziggy can post a pic of something similar that he has done in the past. I think you mentioned previously that it took a lot of effort on your part to get the font and metalic foil right. I'll post the requested pictures this weekend and have an original I can mail out if needed. Hope you have a speedy recovery Dan.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 1

Thanks Mike B.  I would welcome a distraction right now. The shop I use is 100 miles away in Tucson,

so, emails and phone calls would take care of everything in the reproduction process except the final

choice of decal material.  That's a match I would do personally at the shop.  There are always corrections

that must be addresses but that is challenge of an authentic reproduction.

I'm sure zingy can do a fine job, but, should he not be able to get these done for whatever reason, I

would be happy to give it a try.

Dan

• Like 1

Well, I recently made this "OK" static cling.

I ran the emission decal today on the press, plated not digital. The size Mike B did not proportion from the scan he originally posted, so I went with the 2-3/4" height which makes the width 3-11/16".  I piggyback the paint code since it is the same silver satin mylar. I will print the 901 and 905 paint code # separately, to me it looked stamped like effects in greyish colour. 

OK static cling.jpg

1969EmissionDecal.jpg

Ok, here are scans of two decals.  They both got damaged a bit removing them, so I hope they are good enough.  The first one (with more heat damage at the lower right corner) came from my HLS30-00210 car, and I think is more representative of the shine that the foil originally had.  I have three early cars that I believe still have the decals on the hood, so if taking a photo is preferred let me know, and I'll do my best.  It seems like several people are interested in these, so hopefully you can make extras and sell them to members here.

-Mike

Early 240Z Hood Decal-1.jpg

Early 240Z Hood Decal-2.jpg

Thanks. Looks like it might have shrunk, did you by any chance use a heat gun to remove it? Regardless, I'll trim it proportionally from your original sample. You can trim it yourself if you want it smaller. PM me your address and i'll send you 4 decals. You don't have to pay me until you see it and pass the quality. But when you do, you get 1 free and the other 3 at half price for helping out. How's that?:)

I used a heat gun on the first, which is why it shrunk a bit in the lower corner. I think I used a hair dryer for the second. Other than the damaged spot they are the same measurements as the one on my blue car I posted last week. If you want to wait until this weekend i can try to take pictures of the other two cars that still have decals on them. If not, thats fine too. I'll PM you my address.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• 2 weeks later...

I sent 4 to Mike B via snail-mail. The decals are ready, I put aside to those interested. I also have a very limited custom numbered stamped paint code decals, 10 codes to choose from and "OK" static cling. The price will be $25 for Paint Code, $25 for "OK", $30 for Emission. I will ship via snail-mail for free or pay for cost of expidited. Thank you.

Z_decal samples.jpg

901_closeup.jpg

Z_paint code lists.jpg

Edited by 240Ziggy