IGNORED

1969 / 1970 emissions decal

Mike B

1969 production cars for the US market have a different emissions decal mounted to the underside of the hood than later 1970 model year cars. I'm not sure if Canada or other markets have the same decal as well. I recently found that HLS30-01590 (a 1/70 production car) has this same emission decal. I didn't think a car with that high of a VIN would still have this sticker (it also has the earliest hood design). Does anyone with a higher VIN ahave this early decal?

I don't think anyone has reproduced this, due to the limited market for them. I am trying to get an idea of the size of the market to see if it would be worth while to have some reproductions made. I checked with Banzai Motorsports and they don't have any. They sell a different emissions sticker (DE07) that I believe is for later 1970 production cars, but I am not sure what the cutoff is. Also, if anyone knows of a good source to reproduce these metallic decals let me know. Thanks.

-Mike

post-9102-14150810667899_thumb.jpg

post-9102-141508106684_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm in for a pair. Princess Ziesta came with her original hood - worthless, of course - but I don't see any evidence of an emission decal on what looks like the original paint. I wasn't going to put one on.

I have been working on the trophies and goodies for the convention and have had quite the education in printing and etching graphic images. A repro of the decal certainly can be done. Let me know if you need help, Mike.

• 6 years later...

Hi Mike B. I know this is an old thread but I couldn't find any size measurements for this '69 decal. I'm guessing it is the same width as the later versions which is 4.75" width. Since I have the ability to reproduce this decal, I'm making one for myself as well for a friend who's purchasing a '69 production. Thanks in advance.