IGNORED

New Ztherapy Carbs!

JonnyRock

After 2.5 weeks of waiting, my new carbs have arrived!

I decided recently that I needed to kick start things with the Z and do something to get me excited about working on the Z again (although the sun coming out really helps lately), so I called up Ztherapy and ordered a new set of carbs and a new balance tube.

Next week is dead week and finals the week after that, so it's likely that I won't be swapping anything till spring break. Until then I'll just have to enjoy looking at these beauties.

post-15469-14150810182435_thumb.jpg

post-15469-14150810182997_thumb.jpg

post-15469-1415081018354_thumb.jpg

post-15469-14150810184082_thumb.jpg

post-15469-14150810184652_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents, to toot ZTherapy's horn. I installed mine about 2 years ago and at one point, assuming I had a mixture problem due to a slight hesitation around 3,800, I messed with the float level last summer. :finger: Some of you probably saw the thread. Well as I found out this weekend, I had a timing/advance problem all along, and in "adjusting" my carbs, I did more harm than good.

So, while still thinking I had a fuel issue, I send Bruce a direct email last week, hoping for some guidance. Bruce emailed me several times (during the weekend) to offer suggestions. After realizing I probably screwed the carbs up when I adjusted them, I went back, started over, took my time, and reset everything to baseline (float at .55" and screws at 2-1/2). I put the float level back to factory specs, set the mix to 2-1/2 turns, and the car started right up. A few tweaks (back carb is at 3-1/4 turns, front at 2-3/4) the cars runs beautifully.

Rather than working methodically, I just started messing with stuff last year, and made a mess of my fuel mixture. Thanks to a lot of patience from Bruce, I worked it out over the weekend.

Thanks Bruce and Steve for a great product, and for the help.

Edited by Weasel73240Z