Hatch Hinge Seal Covers - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Hatch Hinge Seal Covers

Featured Replies

I want two new seals but cant find any... do you all know of anyone who sales them? Ive attached two photos of the part.:)

post-16658-14150810178106_thumb.jpg

post-16658-1415081017874_thumb.jpg

As far as I know, there is no source for new hinge seals. The spare pair that I was hoarding for a while went to Zs-ondabrain for his 260Z project. Your best bet is to post a wanted ad in the classifieds and also watch for people parting early cars. In my experience, the seals from the '70-71 cars here in the NW seem to have held up better than on later cars. Must have been better rubber.

  • Author

Man that sucks! I really dont want to put the old ones back on. hmmm ill keep searchin for some used ones. Thanks

As far as I know, there is no source for new hinge seals. The spare pair that I was hoarding for a while went to Zs-ondabrain for his 260Z project. Your best bet is to post a wanted ad in the classifieds and also watch for people parting early cars. In my experience, the seals from the '70-71 cars here in the NW seem to have held up better than on later cars. Must have been better rubber.

Do all of them between 1969-78 fit the same?

We should have one made in our group buy!

:beer:

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • 1 year later...

A reliable source for these things at last supercedes any rule breaking! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Might want to put a For sale ad in the classified section, just because... We don't have a vendor forum like hybridz... Don't forget to tell them too...

Edited by zKars

If you are out of luck, maybe

- clean up yours in a sink full of hot soapy water and a tooth brush.

- let dry

- bend back into shape

- "paint" the outside with the "plasti dip" goopy stuff to seal

8683.jpg

  • 1 month later...

Yes, about 3-4 months back when they first came out with these they were $70/pair. In a very short time they have doubled gouge their price.

I understand the American market, screw people over while you can. I hope another source becomes available soon. For now, I won't stand to be robbed. My 2 early Z's will remain sideline till I find another source.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.