IGNORED

Guy who never owned a Nissan in his life.

fspell220

get ready for hours of fun. I got my baby for 800. i've put in about $4000 to date but it was runnig after putting in another 800 in parts. mostly brake parts.

remember, the most useful tool when working on a car is another car.

:)

Thanks for all of the replies guys. Yeh, I completely agree with everything everyone has said. I know $1500 is an extremely small budget but its all I have to start with at this point. I really want this car to be nice, even if that means investing more money later down the road, which is a given. I've rethought about the whole project and plan on stretching it out. I don't really want to drive this thing until it is almost complete. But $1500 will get me started on the right track. And I have actually thought about using the car for parts and have been looking for another one in better shape. But, just gonna play it by ear for now. Thanks again.

Well im sure if he's not hooked he will be. I just drove first 2 meters inside garage with my 72 and i was hooked :) That car is keeping me on the leash and when payday approaches, im thinking what i need to buy for my Z instead of thinking about buying food etc. Wife not always happy :)

Good post, Aussie (Koalia)!--

Frank, the Membership Director of the CTZCC, budgets $100/month to work

on his early '70 240Z. That doesn't sound like much, but when you do a lot

of the work yourself and pick up a partZ car "for a song," it goes a long way.

His car, which started as something less than beautiful, has evolved into

something REALLY nice and getting better all the time. Like you, his wife is

not always happy, but a bloke has to prioritize, you know!!! LOLLOLLOL

All Z Best,..............................Rick (and Kathy of course)

Bought mine based on the PO having done 'some' (completed but half-hearted) bodywork, new paint (to buy me time) and mechanicals to get it running.

Never did bodywork (never devoted the time or effort) and rather enjoyed the mechanical and patient refresh aspect of working on cars.

Have loved the Zcars since high school (a looooonnnngggg time ago).

Be patient, take your time.

If you can't afford to do it all at once, don't sweat it. Nibble at it, little bit as you can afford it. And remember to "handle it once". Do it right the FIRST time so you'll never have to touch it again. Don't forget (and actually relish) the WIAI (while I'm at it) and IMAW (I might as well) aspect of refreshing an old car. While you take apart something to fix it, you might as well refresh/fix/improve the other parts that are local to the fix.

Been working on mine for 4-5 years and haven't hit the road yet (she IS going on the road this spring). Life does have a tendency to get in the way.

Having said that, you've hit a great site with a lot of people with hands-on knowledge and an unusual willingness to share the knowledge and experience they've had working on these beauties.

Welcome!