IGNORED

Kia Sportage weatherstip rocks!

steve91tt

So there. I'm calling the Precision aftermarket weatherstrip, that too thick, makes our doors stick out, slamming until the glass breaks, crap officially DEAD!

Go get yourself some! Part number attached.

Jim

Great news on the hatch! I will order another KIA strip today.

Great news on the hatch! I will order another KIA strip today.

First off Kia engineers are going to be confused by the number of weatherstripping pieces being ordered. Secondly I can't wait to get this stuff. I have the "precision" weatherstripping on the rear hatch. Hatch doesn't close all the way and in general looks rather off. Water gets in and it makes a mess. This stuff looks awesome and in general a whole lot better than anything I've seen. (other than OE Datsun stuff)

Thanks for the GREAT idea

Jan

First off Kia engineers are going to be confused by the number of weatherstripping pieces being ordered.
I doubt it. They built a lot of those miserable little vehicles over the years and the weatherstrips being used for Datsuns will probably cancel out with the number of Sportages that are in the junkyard or otherwise no longer on the road.

About the only downside so far is finding a Kia dealer that will give me a decent price.

Price of the two I bought so far is $100 each here in Calgary. Bit pricey for sure, but still worth it. What is the US experience for dealer pricing for new?

Perhaps if I ordered 10, no, make that 12 or 15 (need 3 per Z) I'de get a decent price. Anyone else nearby want a set? or two or five?

Jim

Edited by zKars

About the only downside so far is finding a Kia dealer that will give me a decent price.

Price of the two I bought so far is $100 each here in Calgary. Bit pricey for sure, but still worth it. What is the US experience for dealer pricing for new?

Perhaps if I ordered 10, no, make that 12 or 15 (need 3 per Z) I'de get a decent price. Anyone else nearby want a set? or two or five?

Jim

Jim: I would be in for 1 set.

Dan

I have written globalkiaparts.com and asked for shipping costs to Western Canada and if they would be willing to do volume discounts. I'll let you know. Today they list the cost at $41.94 each, and they certainly appear to ship to Canada.

I'll do the same for kiaparts.com

Jim

So it turns out kiaparts.com is run out of Hanson Kia in the Olympic Automall in Washington. Now why would this be of any interest? Because Olympia Nissan is across the street. "So what?" you ask. Olympia Nissan just happens to be the front for an old friend nissanparts.cc.....

Say, I wonder if Lisa would run across the street at lunch and get Kia weatherstrip for us at a great big dealer to dealer discount, then ship it to us with a little 2-3% premium for her trouble???

Viva NAFTA!

Jim

So it turns out kiaparts.com is run out of Hanson Kia in the Olympic Automall in Washington. Now why would this be of any interest? Because Olympia Nissan is across the street. "So what?" you ask. Olympia Nissan just happens to be the front for an old friend nissanparts.cc.....

Say, I wonder if Lisa would run across the street at lunch and get Kia weatherstrip for us at a great big dealer to dealer discount, then ship it to us with a little 2-3% premium for her trouble???

Viva NAFTA!

Jim

Count me in for the set of 3 pieces Jim if you get something going!

Global Kia parts seems like a good deal. I visited my local Nissan/Kia dealer today and it was $67 each 3-5 days to ship special order.

Cheers, Mike

ps tried to visit the website of globalkiaparts.com. Not having too much success. Very slow and gets "hung up". Maybe they're jammed with S30 owners.

Edited by Pop's Z