IGNORED

Weight on the axle´s / 240Z

ra240z

Hi,

Wonder if someone have a factory papir who shows the weigt and max weight for the front and rear axle. I have search several hours and sites after this but havent find something. This is needed to make a car street legal.

Hope someone can help me with this, thanks

Rolf Arne

My 1970 FSM lists total vehicle weight @ 2300 lbs. There is no specification in that publication for weight by axle.

You might be able to get your department of motor vehicles to weigh each corner or each end of the car to arrive at the number you seek.

Good luck!

It sure seems we went through this a while back for a different owner in Scandinavia somewhere, but I can't seem to find the thread yet. Eventually, we came up with a scanned document of some sort that satisfied his needs for registration. I'll keep trying to find it when I have a little time.

The 72 Field Service Manual lists the weight of the North American 240Z's as 2350 lbs and 2400 lbs for the A/T.

The 72 Field Service Manuals give you the "normal weight" placed on each of the four independent struts.

Left Front = 562 lbs. and Right Front = 604 lbs.

Rear = 635 lbs each

Front = 1166 lbs

Rear = 1270 lbs

total = 2436

As a guess the I'd say that the difference of 86 lbs. - between the weight of the car {2350lbs} and the weights given as "normal load" for the suspension {2436lbs}, would be the car plus normal fluids as sitting at the curb. {oil, water and half a tank of gasoline}.

The owners manual shows that the max. load is 420 lbs.

I can find no factory documents that specifically lists a maximum load on each axle, nor a maximum weight of the car.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Are you sure you need that in Norway, being it is a vintage car, i didn't have any problems here.

I think we have another member from Norway here, who have had his car from new, he should for sure have that info.

Chris

Do they demand to have it, contact GrandPrixGreen, just press on the link i put up, find his post and click on his user name, click "send a private message"

He is not more than 130ish KM from you.

Chris

Chris!

I will contact him, thanks for the tip.

I will try to explain it some more, when the Z cars where sold new in Norway they measure the weight on the car and axles and stamp it in the papirs, but the FSM never said anything about weight on the axles.

So if you import your car from US as a regular import car you will need these weights from a US spec. If you import your car as a classic car you will not need it. But to be a classic car the car must be totaly original and its not allowed do change anything on the car.

Hope this make sence and sorry my simple english:)

Rolf Arne