IGNORED

Its finally painted!!!!!

cbudvet

<sobbing quietly> Its got paint on it! I can't believe it. Its finally painted!!! :D I got the pictures today and I'm so happy. I almost burst into tears at work this morning when I opened the email. Its been a year and finally its almost done. I absolutely love the color. Its a GM blue. Some of the pictures look kind of purplish but that is just the lighting. I got nothing accomplished at work and spent the time looking at the pictures and crying happy tears all over the computer.:love: I was planning on driving to Kentucky were the car is but we are supposed to get a bunch of snow so I will probably wait until another weekend. There is still more work to be done but its finally looking like a proper car and the end it so near. I am trying to decide on the interior color. The car originally had a butterscotch interior and I think that could look nice with the blue. What do you guys think?

carl (I just can't believe its been painted <sob>:laugh:

post-11951-14150809498116_thumb.jpg

post-11951-1415080949857_thumb.jpg

post-11951-14150809498814_thumb.jpg

post-11951-14150809499003_thumb.jpg

Congrats. I'm loving the deep metallic blue. But as much as I love butterscotch interior, I'm not sure it will work with that color. Some sample shots will definitely be needed. If it doesn't work out, it should be fairly easy to go to black or maybe even a medium grey. A lighter color would definitely look cool.

Of course I like it, its blue.

I'm with Enigma on this, I don't think dark blue/butterscotch is the 'best' combo. Black is always the stand-in, but you might consider, if doing the entire interior, the off white they offered or a custom egg shell to darker grey (Enigma) in that shade range. You should get large samples and see what YOU like.

Bonzi Lon

Thanks everyone! When I get the car back I will put the butterscotch seats in place and see how I like it. I am thinking of the butterscotch because you don't see it around much. I will keep everyone up to date as soon as I get more pictures. I can hardly wait.

carl

<sobbing quietly> Its got paint on it! I can't believe it. Its finally painted!!! :D I got the pictures today and I'm so happy. I almost burst into tears at work this morning when I opened the email. Its been a year and finally its almost done. I absolutely love the color. Its a GM blue. Some of the pictures look kind of purplish but that is just the lighting. I got nothing accomplished at work and spent the time looking at the pictures and crying happy tears all over the computer.:love: I was planning on driving to Kentucky were the car is but we are supposed to get a bunch of snow so I will probably wait until another weekend. There is still more work to be done but its finally looking like a proper car and the end it so near. I am trying to decide on the interior color. The car originally had a butterscotch interior and I think that could look nice with the blue. What do you guys think?

carl (I just can't believe its been painted <sob>:laugh:

Congrats! That's a really nice color. A Blue interior would be really nice. I am kind of partial, because that is what mine is. Check out my gallery if you want to see what the combo looks like.

Blue parts are almost impossible to find though.

Marty