IGNORED

Triple Carbs

NismoZ

I had rejetted 40's on my L28 and I was told 44's would be better, just could not find any at the time. I loved the sound and performance difference. With the 40s I didn't even have to change my cam. That may be something you will need to do. Even if you don't use them now, get them if they seem to be a deal. good luck

I would agree with Curtis' jetting for a stocker. I don't have access to my 44's right now, but the main jet on our 230+ HP Bonneville L28 was 145 or 140 depending on altitude. I think mine were 135's, with either 200 or 220 airs, and 57.5's on idle.

Most people add main jet to overcome cruise popping, when in reality up to 3000 rpms and light cruise you're actually running on the idlejets in the Mikuini! 57.5 or 60 is not uncommon when properly set up, with a corresponding decrease in main jet size and great leap in fuel economy. I would routinely run mid 20's on the highway with them, and that rarely varied unless it was a track day (when I could drop into single digits).

Likely a set of idles and mains and you will be nuts-on correct for a stocker.

With 40's on an L24 I ran mid-high 20's for highway cruise (sticking to 65mph) and on occasion when in states that restricted me through pernicious enforcement presence to 55-60 I could crack 30mpg!

Which would be the better choice in 240z triple carb set ups, Mikuni 44's, or Weber DCOE's?
Not sure i would like to know this also...

Plus what is a good price for 44 Mikunis? Say if they are "like" new with new manifold and linkage?

Which would be the better choice in 240z triple carb set ups, Mikuni 44's, or Weber DCOE's?

I like Mikunis better. There low speed metering works very nice. Once you set them, you are done. No constant fittling with them. Plus they have a vacuum port for your distributor. Unfortunately Mikuni no longer makes complete carbs for cars, so whatever is already out there is it.

BTW, the Mikuni manifold is not ideal so don't buy it if it is a choice.

I like Mikunis better. There low speed metering works very nice. Once you set them, you are done. No constant fittling with them. Plus they have a vacuum port for your distributor. Unfortunately Mikuni no longer makes complete carbs for cars, so whatever is already out there is it.

BTW, the Mikuni manifold is not ideal so don't buy it if it is a choice.

whats wrong with the mikuni manifold? the one im looking at is the short version?