IGNORED

Need some help...

Sparx Macgyver

The car came with a spare starter motor, so I'll take the one off the car, and the spare, to the auto parts place and let'em check'em both.

Still, what about the wire? can I just cut the old and put a new one in?

You can cut and splice a new wire in, just don't cut corners and make sure you use the right gage wire or you can burn out the car. I would recommend replacing bad wire. I knew a guy in high school who burned up a 66 Mustang, because he didn't want to replace the worn out wire, because it was the original. That was the last day we spoke on good terms he was a guy that hated when someone was wright and he was wrong.

I told him I'd help out with the car never told him he scewed up I just found another mustang in a junk yard and asked if he would like to get parts and fix it up again, he junked it.

Yikes. Poor 'Stang.

I fixed the starter issue. I had the connector backwards... -_-

Now to do the clutch issue.

Bonzi Lon,

I can't seem to find where its leaking into the cab. Couldn't detach the mc from the pedal, but it doesn't appear to be leaking into the vehicle..

Maybe I should just replace both mc and sc...

If you are loosing fluid, it has to go somewhere. If you still have the black fiber insulating board on the firewall it could be leaking behind that. Brake fluid is somewhat hard to see, I have used my finger to taste for fluid before, not recomended. Look up at the pedal assemply and move the clutch in and out to see where the clevis pin attaches. Like I said, it is a pain to get to, but it will come out. Seat removal helped me a bunch. If someone has an exploded drawing it would help.

Bonzi Lon

I have the exact same headlight issue (unresolved), and thoughts on your running lights.

Headlights; I have taken the headlights apart, cleaned all terminals, tested the bulbs, and tried (most unsuccessfully) to clean the terminals on the harness, by the air dam/front grill.

My switch was recently replaced with NOS with no change in the problem. Turn signals work better/easier, that's it. I have yet to install a new fusebox (MSA upgrade) and Headlight harness (Zs-ondabrain) to hopefully get this. I'll install them separately, and let you know. I hope it's the harness, but my fusebox <i>is</i> a little melted... but I have not had prior problems with it.

Running lights; two issues were causing mine not to work:

First, taking each individual light bulb out, testing it, and cleaning both the socket and bulb with sandpaper (or whatever else does the trick) to remove rust/dirt/etc. This was the initial issue with all running lights. They worked well for the first 2,000Km across Can.

Second, was a grounding issue. On my 72' 240, they connect by the passenger's feet electrical coupling mess. After playing with all individually, cleaning them out, etc., I found the right coupling, cleaned it out, and had working lights for about 10min. Checked them again to have the same issue. Going to replace the harness (upgrade ondabrain) when the car get's back from carb tuning (Read: Engine rebuild).

Edited by fiveleaf

Replaced the master cylinder. Unfortunately, it started pouring just as I got the slave off, but I can't get the hose off. What sizer wrench is it? I don't seem to have the right size..

Damn rain...

You should use a flared wrench on the hose fittings.

I'd also look at getting a set of crescent wrench they can be a great help in a jam. I have crescent wrenches that expand only to 15mm to ones up to 3" I don't like to use them to tighten things they can work louse while using them or to brake fasteners louse that are very tight because the damage the adjusters and makes them sloppy. Where I do like to use them is to hold a nut or bolt head from the other side while lousing or tightening with a socket or standard wrench. The other times if I can't find a wrench that fits well or at the junk yard where I have limited tools.

you probably need to replace master cylinder for brakes and master or slave cylinder for clutch maybe both. pull the full line somewhere after the pump to see if there is fuel if there i then its injectors. if not then its fuel pump. good luck

Yeah...

Very grateful for it not snowing. I'm just hoping it won't rain tomorrow. For the hose, it's held on, but I'm supposed to hold it in place with a spanner (what on earth is a spanner?), while I carefully twist the slave cylinder.

Guess it's back to the auto parts store to buy a wrench or two.