IGNORED

Need some help...

Sparx Macgyver

I've got to move my z from it's present location and own neither truck nor trailer, and can't rent one either. so I'm hoping to be able to drive the car to it's new home.I appreciate anything anybody can help with. She needs:

~Brakes bled - I did them as I normally would, front and back. Still have no brakes. No stopping power aside from the E-brake.

~Clutch - needs bleeding. Bled them as I knew how. Nothing still.

~Fuel - OK, so here's a big let down. Its not pulling fuel from the tank. So I'm not sure if it's the fuel pump or injectors.

Everything else appears to be in good or OK condition. Any ideas how to assess these issues quickly? Thanks.

I agree, probably no quick fix. The clutch and brakes are likely a matter of getting the system blead. There could be issues beyond that as well, wheel cylinders, slave, masters, etc. As for fuel, can you hear the pump run when you initially turn on the key? It should chatter for just a few seconds. How long has the car been setting? Tank could be gummed up too. Fuel filter could be plugged. Could be......

How far do you have to move the car? Depending on the urgency, it sounds like it is going on a car tailer.

Blasted gulldurnit! Well, No to the fuel pump noise. At least I don't think I heard it. I'll check on Friday. I have to go from one town to the other. It's not all that far, about 15 or so miles.

I might end up doing the friend with a car bit. I don't have a trailer, and don't know anybody with one who'd let me use it. My uncles does have a truck, so that might help. Unfortunatley, my mom used the last of my AAA towing miles that I had for free. I had around a 100, but she used them (just found that out today) through out the year.

Oh well, thanks for the help. Just have to keep working on it.

I definitely recommend a flatbed. I did this when I moved from one town to the next. The move was about 12 mi and $120 but well worth it for the peace of mind. I had to put things together in a hurry to get a rolling chassis and didn't want to test the brakes or get stuck halfway there. The tow guy was great and dropped it straight into the garage safe and sound. Definitely one of the best investments I've made in the car so far. :)

Recently bleeding my brakes, I discovered that the master on my Z (1975) has bleed valves on the MC, and if the reservoir has run dry, no amount of bleeding the wheels will give you pressure back if you don't first bleed the master.

I haven't looked to see if it is the same for the clutch.

Geof

I'd call and get a flatbed or rent a truck and trailer from U-haul, Budget. . . they have stuff for that ya it might cost you money but rushing around causes problems. Get it some where you can work out the problems then fix it I don't recommend driving a car with bad brakes or brakes that were fixed in a rush!! You can cause a lot of damage if you don't think this threw.

10-4. I hear ya guys. I merely meant an easy fix, but that's OK. Mostly I just have to get it moved before sweep day. Stupid street sweepers....give me a freaking ticket if it's on the street...Ill keep working on it. I think I might be able to push it into the driveway before then. Hopefully Ill be able to anyway.